Video Pinball

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Video Pinball

Post by fastbilly1 »

Stern Pinball Arcade is out on Steam with cross purchase enabled for the tables you already own in Pinball Arcade.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I may pick up Stern Pinball Arcade physically eventually, but grabbed the free download on XBO to peruse the tables. Actually, thinking more on it, I loathe the idea of having to go find a disc to play pinball. Just not ideal, I want to fire up the XBO and casually play whenever.

I had kept my Pinball Arcade play to PS3/Vita + iOS until today. Just checking out recent seasons on XBO. I think iOS is still my preferred play - just waiting for another 50% off sale to grab some past seasons. I really want to avoid paying for the same tables twice, although made an exception for iOS and our Together Retro (which we should really do yearly).
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Looks like Pinball Arcade released Catcus Jack earlier this month:

It is a neat western foodfight table, but never attained widespread love because shortly after it came out Addams Family dropped.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

XBO hard codes the flippers to your LB/RB button - grossssss. Is PS4 like this also?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Zen/Pinball fx 3 dropped, with backwards compatibility for Zen Pinball 2 tables. Ive only played a few rounds in Archer. The big update is user made tournaments and "multiplayer" modes.

Pinball Arcade is running season 7 with Paragon, Wipeout, and Firepower II thus far.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Pinball Arcade Season 7 is $4.99 for PS4 via PSN, be quick as it is surely a pricing error.

It includes:

Paragon™
    Wipeout™
    Firepower II™
    World Champion Soccer
    Fathom™
    Ghostbusters
    Spanish Eyes™
    Wild Card™
    More to be announced

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4007
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Since this was last updated, Pinball Arcade lost the Bally/Williams Licence and ZenPinball picked it up. Hopefully with Zens numerous Disney contacts we can finally get Indiana Jones remade. I have no desire to buy all the tables again, unless they offer me a pretty stiff discount.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

fastbilly1 wrote:Since this was last updated, Pinball Arcade lost the Bally/Williams Licence and ZenPinball picked it up. Hopefully with Zens numerous Disney contacts we can finally get Indiana Jones remade. I have no desire to buy all the tables again, unless they offer me a pretty stiff discount.

I hadn't been keeping up with the license maneuvering happening here, but I really take this as a positive development. As much as I enjoy Pinball Arcade, I've put a lot more time into Pinball FX3. Among other things, Zen Studios has always been a lot more receptive to user feedback than the FarSight folks, particularly so among the PinCab hobbyist set. It will be interesting to see what they can pull off with these traditional and historic tables.

I'm with you though ... I'm in no huge rush to re-purchase tables I already own in some format. Zen Studios would have to pull off some truly remarkable (pinball) wizardry for any sort of day-one purchase. OTOH, even if they simply sold the tables individually (as opposed to Pinball Arcade's monolithic 'season packs') that would be a huge step in the right direction ... or at least for my purchasing dollar.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If they sell individual, I will likely rebuy my favorites on a sale. I still need to build a pincab.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:If they sell individual, I will likely rebuy my favorites on a sale. I still need to build a pincab.

Are you getting a Flip Grip for your Switch? I think they're shipping in November.