RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Looks like Friday the 13th: The Game is getting delisted

by REPO Man Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:07 pm

The game will cease sales of both physical and digital releases on December 31st of this year and will be playable until at least December 31st, 2024.

The game will be discounted to $4.99 with DLC discounted to 99 cents.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Looks like Friday the 13th: The Game is getting delisted

by stickem Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:43 pm

Of course it is, new release due
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:39 am

Yeah, I heard there's a new Friday the 13th game in the works, but from what I've heard so far we don't know what kind of game it is or who's making it.

Hopefully it's a remake/expansion of the Gun Media game, with all the content from that game, including Savini Jason and the Grendel map, along with abandoned and wholly new content.

But realistically it'll be an entirely new game with the only common ground being the IP.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:49 am

I'm a bit more annoyed at how Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle got de-listed. Apparently, the Switch version doesn't even seem to be available on piracy sites from what I have heard, so if you didn't purchase and download it before it was de-listed you're out of luck. For crying out loud, I thought the high seas was all about preservation.

It's a really, fun, puzzle game similar to Slayaway Camp. I own the PS 4 version, luckily purchased before they announced the license expiring and the game being de-listed
marurun

by marurun Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:31 am

This is the curse of licensed products. Once that license runs out only the licensor has the power to renew or extend. The owner of the property has financial incentive to license to the next new shiny because the previous thing isn’t new and shiny anymore.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:12 am

marurun wrote:This is the curse of licensed products. Once that license runs out only the licensor has the power to renew or extend. The owner of the property has financial incentive to license to the next new shiny because the previous thing isn’t new and shiny anymore.

Someone once made a funny youtube video poking fun at how easy our attention moves from one new thing to another, and how people often just seem to like things because they are new and getting everyone's attention regardless of whether or not that thing is actually good. Throughout the video he kept saying, "I love CURRENT THING". "Isn't CURRENT THING awesome you guys?!" "I'm such a huge fan of CURRENT THING"

It got a good laugh out of me.
Return to Other Genres