RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Visual Novels

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Nemoide wrote:Is anyone familiar with getting the Moon Mirror English Patch for Fate/Stay Night to work? I bought a brand new copy of the game off of ebay and am attempting to install it using the English patch but I keep getting an error saying "File copying failed, please restart the installation procedure"
I've tried it multiple times with different compatibility mode options but keep getting the same error. Looking it up online I mostly see folks posting problems/solutions for pirated copies and I'd rather not download the game after getting my hands on an actual legit copy.

Maybe I should try it on my other PC...

Still having trouble?

I finally caved and got a copy of the game, and subsequently installed it and applied the patch.

Try installing the game to completion first. Make sure it opens and runs (in Japanese). Then apply the patch.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:42 pm

In chapter 9 of Muv Luv Alternative. Things have really ratcheted up. I’m at what I think is the end of Operation 21st. Sumika is being pulled out of the Susano 2. Escape path is set. Not sure what is going to happen next.

Still loving every minute of this VN. Still taking it very slow.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:43 am

You're in the thick of it now. Where the pace picks up and things start to get insane. I wonder how many more sessions you'll need. The later parts of the story lend themselves to binging.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:11 pm

I beat Muv Luv Alternative. I have a lot of thoughts right now. Overall I loved it - even all the parts I had to slog through. Took me a little over a year to get through Unlimited, Extra, and Alternative. Time we’ll spent. I wish it wasn’t over.

Any fans of of the VN genre should play this.

Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:59 am

I wanted to explore through that Lain game for PS1 after I watched through the Anime back in the 90s. I ended up reading that mini manga thing later. I have known for a long time that a full translation can be followed through for the PS1 game, but it was just too cumbersome. I just found out that someone has ported the game with the translations to web interface:
https://laingame.net/
It's slow and clunky. I don't know that I'll get through much of it. Just wanted to post it somewhere and say I'm hoping to enjoy it once I get used to the slow clunky interface.
I found out about it through a youtube video with resource links and stuff. Only a few minutes in, but it's nice to see help navigating.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm47V1O78Ts
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm

GENTLEMEN. I resurrect this thread so that I can redirect you to my latest post in the Games Beaten 2022 thread about Would You Like to Run an Idol Cafe? It's great, and it's short. Switch or PC, take your pick.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:33 pm

I’m still slowly playing through Nurse Love Obsession. Hasn’t grabbed me. But I’ll still get through it.

Anyone play the remake on switch of YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World - or the original in JPN on Saturn?

ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Mon May 02, 2022 8:58 am

I've been playing Chicken Police, and I'm really enjoying the characters and the way the tone mixes bleak noir with some light humor. However, I have to say I really cannot wrap my head around the interrogation segments. So far, the "right" question to ask has seemed really arbitrary, and the hints you get don't really seem all that useful most of the time. Has anyone else played this? What were your experiences?
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Mon May 02, 2022 7:19 pm

I’ve got that game but haven’t opened it yet. On my list but there’s a few games in front of it. How is the writing?

ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Wed May 04, 2022 9:54 am

chupon wrote:I’ve got that game but haven’t opened it yet. On my list but there’s a few games in front of it. How is the writing?

Yeah, it's pretty solid. It has a fun, pulpy feel to it.
Return to Other Genres