RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
User avatar
Michi
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4685
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by Michi Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Ack wrote:Nice to see Natalie Portman and Keanu Reeves getting video game work.

Having royally failed in their attempt to get Wyld Stallyns off the ground despite their journey of time travel telling them otherwise (and depressed because they still haven't figured out a way to contact Rufus and chew him out), Bill and Ted wander the land searching for gigs, in the vain hope that they will still someday make it big.

Their hopes were peaked during a short layover in Raccoon City when the crowed at the run-down bar they were playing at began to surge the stage. But their dreams were dashed once again when they realized that the crowd was less interested in praising them and more interested in gnawing on their drummer's femur.

Separated from Bill during their radical escape, Ted takes up arms with what's left of the local police force and begins his own private journey in search of his friend....
User avatar
bmoc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by bmoc Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:21 pm

I've been on the lookout for a decently priced RE bundle on eBay for a while now. I wanted to get the PS4 games that I don't already own. Last week, I saw a bundle for Origins, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (PS5 deluxe version sealed) for $120 so I jumped on it. I've been sitting on Code Veronica X for a while now and haven't played it.

I've got 2 weeks of vacation booked for this month so I don't lose them come July 1. I'm thinking I'm going to binge my way through as many of these as possible. :D
User avatar
Note
128-bit
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by Note Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:22 am

bmoc wrote:I've been on the lookout for a decently priced RE bundle on eBay for a while now. I wanted to get the PS4 games that I don't already own. Last week, I saw a bundle for Origins, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (PS5 deluxe version sealed) for $120 so I jumped on it. I've been sitting on Code Veronica X for a while now and haven't played it.

I've got 2 weeks of vacation booked for this month so I don't lose them come July 1. I'm thinking I'm going to binge my way through as many of these as possible. :D


That's an awesome deal for all those games. Enjoy the vacation time and the binging!

Last year I played through RE 2 on the PS1 in one weekend and had a great time with that game. I never owned RE 3 on the PS1 or Code Veronica on the DC, so I went out and grabbed those. Looking forward to playing them later in the year. From the older games, I'm just missing RE 4 now but have been debating what console to grab it on.
User avatar
bmoc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by bmoc Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 am

Note wrote:From the older games, I'm just missing RE 4 now but have been debating what console to grab it on.

There are certainly a lot of choices there! If you want to go retro to play on a CRT I'd go with PS2 since has content that the GameCube version doesn't have. If you want an HD version, get it for your most powerful Xbox or PlayStation console. If you want it portable, the Switch port is the obvious choice. I understand the Wii port makes good use of motion controls if that is your thing.

I finished Code Veronica X last week. I definitely understand why it was originally supposed to be Resident Evil 3. It definitely feels more like a continuation of 2 where Nemesis feels like a side story. I'm working on 4 now but progress is slow because I have to play it when the little ones aren't around.
User avatar
Note
128-bit
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by Note Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:11 pm

bmoc wrote:There are certainly a lot of choices there! If you want to go retro to play on a CRT I'd go with PS2 since has content that the GameCube version doesn't have. If you want an HD version, get it for your most powerful Xbox or PlayStation console. If you want it portable, the Switch port is the obvious choice. I understand the Wii port makes good use of motion controls if that is your thing.

I finished Code Veronica X last week. I definitely understand why it was originally supposed to be Resident Evil 3. It definitely feels more like a continuation of 2 where Nemesis feels like a side story. I'm working on 4 now but progress is slow because I have to play it when the little ones aren't around.


Appreciate the input and breakdown on the different versions of RE4! I was aware there were a lot of ports, but I didn't know the differences between each, so this really helps.

I usually do my gaming on a CRT and have both a Gamecube and PS2. I'll most likely pick up the PS2 version, as I didn't realize there was extra content not included in the Gamecube version.
Return to Other Genres

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests