Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
dogman91
128-bit

Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Post by dogman91 »

Is anyone else hyped for this beyond belief? Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are some of my all-time favorite games and ex-Rareware veterans have formed a new company called Playtonic Games and making a new 3D platformer happen!

Here's their presentation, "Rebirth of the 3D Platformer": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulJeGQ ... e=youtu.be

From what they talk about in regards to the 'rules' they follow when making the game, to the many different characters having their own mechanic and potential for their own game, it seems very, very promising. :D
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Post by Hazerd »

This is excellent news! i hope all their games are Wii U exclusives too.
SonicGamer74
24-bit

Post by SonicGamer74 »

I've actually been following this game, ever since Nintendo Life posted an article about it back in late February.

I really want this game to succeed, as I love the original Banjo-Kazooie (haven't played Tooie yet), and the fact that the developers have been talking about wanting a Wii U version for the game. Which is great, since I don't even have a PS4/XBONE yet. lol
This user really likes SEGA Saturn. Avoid at all costs.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

imo, Jak and Daxter is the template to follow. The Banjo Kazooie games were part of that collect endless hoards of shit genre where you spent more time wandering aimlessly than actually doing anything.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Say hello....

to Yooka-Laylee :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Heck yes!!! If this turns out to be successful then I hope this means a decent comeback of the genre(there's been many indie's but ehh I'd love to see what's a technical real rare one), doesn't seem like it gets it's due that it should...(seems like it rose in the 90's and burned after ps2's launch after some of the titles we did get in those eras. Really looking forward to this one with who's behind it! :mrgreen:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wasn't there some video footage? It looked awesome. Hope they can get a Wii U release.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/05/01/wh ... -kazooie-3

^ That shows some of it, one thing that video does seem to be missing is how populated the worlds they said would be though(though i don't remember things like dk64 being underpopulated or anything....OoT was a different story but because they didn't make use of the expansion pak from what I recall(which is stupid because the game could've been a little better...empty Hyrule field o_O). Spyro from that era i won't disagree on(seemed to be one of the major points in that first video)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

ZeroAX wrote:Say hello....

to Yooka-Laylee :D

Cute, a simple and appealing design.

This has never been my genre but I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

darsparx wrote:http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/05/01/why-yooka-laylee-is-basically-banjo-kazooie-3

^ That shows some of it, one thing that video does seem to be missing is how populated the worlds they said would be though(though i don't remember things like dk64 being underpopulated or anything....OoT was a different story but because they didn't make use of the expansion pak from what I recall(which is stupid because the game could've been a little better...empty Hyrule field o_O). Spyro from that era i won't disagree on(seemed to be one of the major points in that first video)

They did also say that what you are seeing is 3 months in development. After seeing that video, call me excited. If something like this hits the right Banjo-Kazooie notes, than it will be another title that will continue to prove the Wii U is a fun system.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.