Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Post by ZeroAX »

alienjesus wrote:Based on this review this game sounds right up my alley. I've been holding on to see if the eventual Switch port gets a physical release, so here's hoping. If not, I'll be grabbing it for PS4 too.

It will deffinetly get a switch physical release. these retro nintendo console games tend to sell way better, user base wise, on nintendo consoles.

They're going to release a patch in the future that enables a "nintendo 64 graphics" mode. So I'm going to sell my ps4 copy now that I got all trophies, and replay this on the switch, and probably again with the n64 graphics. I really enjoyed this game, especially after the patches (which the switch will probably have on day one)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I'm definitely looking forward to finally diving into this soon now that they released that spit'n'polish patch. That seems to be addressed towards addressing most fundamental complaints folks seemed to have with the game (like the terrible hub-world), so I'm much more toward tryin' it eventually now :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

PartridgeSenpai wrote: (like the terrible hub-world)

well.....I wouldn't say the fixed the hub world at all.

1) the hub world's biggest problem imo was that it didn't feel inter connected, it was more like every area was its own small challenge/level. I think banjo tooie was also like this, but banjo kazooie and mario 64 had a hub world that felt coherent. Anyway, unless they do a major redesign, this can't be fixed and I don't see it ever being fixed, unless there's a sequel (though I'm not even sure they will want to fix it in the first place)

2) THe problem that they fixed was plauers getting lost. And they fixed that by spamming FUGLY neon signs with the world numbers EVERYWHERE. The biggest problem being that they have separate signs for each world, so one point looks like a freaking high way with all the signs pointing towards world. It's a fix, but it's like using a sledgehammer to crack open a nut.

Mind you the hub world is such a small part of the game, that it never bothered me.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Whatever happened to the Switch version? I wanted it for the Switch, but, you know, having already owned the PS4 version for god knows how many months, I doubt I'd buy it again. I just wanted it for the Switch for the portability aspect, and because it just feels 'right' to play it on a Nintendo platform.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

They keep posting screenshots if it being work in progress and they said they will announce the final release date when they're absolutely certain of it. Maybe it's the growing pains of working on a new platform?