Wario Land the Shake Dimension

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Wario Land the Shake Dimension

Post by ZeroAX »

I've had this game since 2009 and never bothered play it. I have now and I've got to say it's an amazing game. It recreats the feel of the original Wario Land series (and more specifically Wario Land 2). The game isn't too hard to go through, but the meat in this series is always collecting anything. And I have to say the game does provide many different and interesting challenges in the form of treasure hunting (find the 3 hidden chests in the level) and missions (collect X coins, finish the level end sprint in Y time, don't break your plantpot on a unicycle, stuff like that).

And the graphics...ooh this game just looks GORGEOUS.

Anyone else own/played this game? How do you think it compares to the other games in the Wario Land series?

It's a shame this game didn't sell more, the levels have some really interesting ideas and I'm sure a sequel would be amazing on the Wii U, with the gamepad used for a bunch of interesting puzzle solutions.

Lastly there's this old youtube commercial video for this game worth seeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJzo72vnzI
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Wario Land the Shake Dimension

Post by Cronozilla »

You should probably add, "Warioland Shake It" into your title as that's what it's called in other regions. (Shake Dimensions might be a better title though)

Sadly, I have not had a chance to play this, I've owned it for awhile, and it looks incredible, of course.

Maybe I'll put this in once I finally finish Zack and Wiki.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Shake Dimension is such a better name.

I haven't played it in 3-4 years and not sure how far we got - I think we gave it like 3-4 hours 2-3 nights, which is pretty good for us.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I played it and completed it and absolutely loved it. It is very Warioland and like what was mentioned, the art style and animation is phenomenal and was done by Production I.G.

It is a blast and wasn't too challenging. I finished it in about...7 or 8 hours. Very much worth the time and effort on a great title that people forgot existed. The same studio is working on Yoshi's Wooly World, so I have faith that they will do well with that title as well.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

mjmjr25 wrote:Shake Dimension is such a better name.

Way better box art, too.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Wario Land: Shake It! is an awesome game. I played through it earlier this year, and you can read my thoughts here.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

WallCrusher wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Shake Dimension is such a better name.

Way better box art, too.

Yes and yes :mrgreen:

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I played it and completed it and absolutely loved it. It is very Warioland and like what was mentioned, the art style and animation is phenomenal and was done by Production I.G.

It is a blast and wasn't too challenging. I finished it in about...7 or 8 hours. Very much worth the time and effort on a great title that people forgot existed. The same studio is working on Yoshi's Wooly World, so I have faith that they will do well with that title as well.

Is that a completed playthrough? Since Wario Land has always been more about completion, I'm going for 100% clear on this. It's not too hard, but I do end up having to reply each level 2-3 times (which is ok, since the game looks amazing and it plays like a blast).

Also I just noticed

is that "SHAKE" string on top of the bar in the final American version? Cause in the EU version all we got is a W emblem in the middle when the bar is full and I find it subtle and more pleasing aesthetically (IF you care about such a minor detail mind you :lol: )

EDIT

Here's what my hud looks like

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.