MegaMan X

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Re: MegaMan X

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Get good at dashing, jumping, and wall jumping precisely. You'll have to do all three at once and understand the trajectory of your jump if you want to avoid attacks and be in a good position to dodge the next ones.

Sure, you can win by exploiting elemental weaknesses, but you can win with the X buster too. I personally thought Storm Eagle was the easiest to beat without weapons. Also, shoot homing missiles at bosses if you have time but aren't in a position to hit with anything else. I like to switch weapons by pausing, no sense in wasting game time cycling through them.

If that doesn't help, you can always get the hidden upgrades scattered throughout the levels. I didn't know about these and didn't explore much, so I actually beat the game with stock equipment. Take care to recognize the boss' tells and you'll be alright.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

This is one of the first Mega Man games a lot of people beat because it's one of the best but also one of the most forgiving (sorry if I'm not giving you much hope for the rest of the series :lol:).

Once you beat your first boss it will start to ease up. Using the right weapons in the right situations makes things much easier and as you collect X's upgrades, heart tanks and sub tanks you'll become more and more unstoppable.

Everything else is pattern recognition and timing.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Eh, don't worry too much about it. The Mega Man games really kicked my ass at first too. I've found that there's a sort of groove with those games. In time, you'll fall into the groove and make the bosses your bitch. I don't fight him this way, but something you can try against Chill Penguin is to just dodge his attacks when he's on the ground and only wall kick when he's using his hook. While he's on the hook, hit him with a charged X Buster shot. This method should let you focus on dodging and attacking separately.

Hope this helps.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Do better.
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

In Megaman X you take a lot of damage early on before you get the armor upgrade. If I remember correctly, Chill Penguin does a TON of damage if you run into him so avoid collisions at all costs. When fighting Chill Penguin, take advantage of the walls to dodge his attacks also dash jump off the walls if you need to. As a kid, I remember watching my older brother and my cousins fighting him and constantly reminding each other to stay on the walls. That is something that has always stuck with me to this very day :lol: .

When he does that move where he creates the ice sculptures, charge the X-Buster and climb up a wall as he is very likely to jump soon after and try to grab onto that one switch on the ceiling. That is an opportunity for you to get an easy shot on him. Keep at it! You can do it :D
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Godot102 wrote:In Megaman X you take a lot of damage early on before you get the armor upgrade. If I remember correctly, Chill Penguin does a TON of damage if you run into him so avoid collisions at all costs. When fighting Chill Penguin, take advantage of the walls to dodge his attacks also dash jump off the walls if you need to. As a kid, I remember watching my older brother and my cousins fighting him and constantly reminding each other to stay on the walls. That is something that has always stuck with me to this very day :lol: .

When he does that move where he creates the ice sculptures, charge the X-Buster and climb up a wall as he is very likely to jump soon after and try to grab onto that one switch on the ceiling. That is an opportunity for you to get an easy shot on him. Keep at it! You can do it :D

He's kinda the easiest boss in the game...just be where he isn't, he's not terribly difficult.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Flake

Post by Flake »

Troll post?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:
Godot102 wrote:In Megaman X you take a lot of damage early on before you get the armor upgrade. If I remember correctly, Chill Penguin does a TON of damage if you run into him so avoid collisions at all costs. When fighting Chill Penguin, take advantage of the walls to dodge his attacks also dash jump off the walls if you need to. As a kid, I remember watching my older brother and my cousins fighting him and constantly reminding each other to stay on the walls. That is something that has always stuck with me to this very day :lol: .

He's kinda the easiest boss in the game...just be where he isn't, he's not terribly difficult.

He might be if you are using just the mega buster. Otherwise, the award for Easiest boss goes to Spark Mandrill. Use Shotgun ice and see what happens. :lol:
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Godot102 wrote:He might be if you are using just the mega buster. Otherwise, the award for Easiest boss goes to Spark Mandrill. Use Shotgun ice and see what happens. :lol:

Word. I don't even move when I fight him. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I think chill penguin is the only one I ever beat. That order with Sting Chameleon last makes a lot of sense though. I always play that level early on because I like the actual stage, but I usually end up at Sting Chameleon thinking there's no humanly possible way to win.