What platformer are you playing now?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: What platformer are you playing now?

Post by Thierry Henry »

TEKTORO wrote:Just snagged the apprentice for the CD-i, hopefully it doesn't require the digital video card as I read somewhere but there is no mention on the case and I think it would mention that?

These are some notes I had written down (I believe I got them from GameFAQ's) quite a few years ago when I was looking into improvements the Video Card made to a few CD-i games I was interested in.

The Apprentice: Digital Video Card optional (adds sound effects and improves scrolling).

The sounds are also well-done, from the ragtime theme music you can't get out of your head to the ''ow ow ow ow ow ow!'' Marvin yells when he dies. (note: sound effects are only available if you have a digital-video card -- base-case players get music only).
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Played some of Rayman, and Pandemonium on the PS1. Both are fun games, but I think I like Pandemonium more. Rayman's character sprite just seems too large and it makes it difficult to progress through the stages. Both are very difficult, so only check them out if you want a real challenge.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

(Zx Spectrum) Immpossamole , Turmoil , Kosmic Kanga
(Sam Coupe) Prince Of Persia , Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters
(SMS) Ghost House
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I started Epic Dumpster Bear the other night. Despite being obvious made with Unity, this game is boss. It's hilarious, and the loading screens have bear facts. It's really easy at the very beginning, but about halfway through World 3, it really ratchets up the difficulty and provides some serious challenge, and (with very few exceptions), the challenge is brought by legitimately well designed levels and trap enemy placement, not bullshit mechanics. A lot of people online, I've seen, complain about the slippery mechanics, but it just feels like playing as Luigi in SMB2 (the real one). I like it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Made it to Sogwood forest in Starfy. King Pin was a pain kept doing myself in trying to hit him with a icicle. But still a fun ds game none the less(even though there are quite a few story cliches so far that I've noticed especially in the last cutscene. Can't wait to see what oddball name they chose for this area's meetup person and boss XD
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

Kangeroo (Atari VCS) ,this game does not get enough credit in my opinion. :|

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Hell yeah! That's a fantastic single-screen platformer.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I'll vouch for that. I've always liked Kangaroo. Heck, the 2600 port is really solid, to boot.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

A lot of people ignore it because even for a 2600 game it's pretty ugly but it's a really good one. It was one of my favorites as a kid.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

G-Darius wrote:this game does not get enough credit

As far as I'm concerned, this is true of a huge chunk of the 2600's library. It's kind of like the Wii in that there's a LOT of worthless shovelware shit, but there are also some DAMN good games that too often get overlooked.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.