Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Unbound: Worlds Apart - Available on all platforms

by Raging Justice Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:34 pm

I've not quite finished it yet, but this new game is excellent. It just came out a few days ago...well, actually I think it was available on the Switch previously. It's a platform game with some puzzle solving elements. The platforming can get pretty hardcore and it's a one hit kill game, but the game is EXTREMELY generous with checkpoints. You play as a wizard who can create portals into other worlds/realities, much of the story revolves around this idea of a universe with many different worlds and a threat that is trying to wipe them all out. The portals can be used in a variety of ways creating some pretty crazy platforming challenges and puzzles. Also, you have no ability to defend yourself, so dealing with enemies and boss fights requires creative use of your portals.

The game has a really nice soundtrack and graphically looks like a Vanillaware game, which I consider some of the most beautiful looking games on the market today

Oh, and it's kind of a metroid game too, you will gain new abilities and backtrack to previous areas

It's a really solid game all around, challenging, and creative as well. I knew within the first 10 to 15 minutes of playing it that the game was awesome. If you loved the little wizard from Final Fantasy 9 you'll probably dig the main character. Anyway, here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YYBFJGNxCM
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Unbound: Worlds Apart - Available on all platforms

by Raging Justice Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:30 pm

So I just spent about 2 hours trying to complete the Vaiya Heart area

FUCK THIS GAME
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Unbound: Worlds Apart - Available on all platforms

by Anapan Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:11 am

I bought this the same day it was mentioned, but have not yet booted it. I will report back, but I'm still out-of-town and will not be playing it on a shit TV.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Platformers