Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Post by Cronozilla »

I've been playing this a lot with BogusMeatFactory and some other friends and it is an absolute blast!

The game is currently in early access on steam for $15, and is reportedly going to be $50 when it leaves early access.

Has anyone else played around with this? Is anyone curious and need questions answered? Do you need to gush about it? Or rage on it? Do it here.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Post by GSZX1337 »

I went in on a four pack with Bogus and sent him a message with a list of games I'd like to play, but I haven't heard back from him yet. You wanna add me Crono?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I bough this, it looks like an awesome concept.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

@Sano it's easily one of the best "simulator" games to come out. I'm surprised how much board game manufacturers don't care right now.

It's not that they haven't asked for games to come down, it just appears that they haven't asked for very many.

@GSZX1337 I was thinking about spinning this into a RacketBoy meetup if enough people get involved.

If people already have this, or would buy it if they had groups to play certain games with, go ahead and list some games you'd like playing. Only list stuff you'd ACTUALLY play, though. Be honest with this.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

GSZX1337 wrote:I went in on a four pack with Bogus and sent him a message with a list of games I'd like to play, but I haven't heard back from him yet. You wanna add me Crono?

I am so sorry man! I have been really busy lately! We do need to get together and spend some time. I am going to be gone this next weekend, but maybe this wednesday night we could get on and play some Cards Against Humanity! There are tons of games we would love to show you and have you take part in!

Anyways, on topic! We have been playing a bit more of Betrayal at the House on the Hill and I can not tell you how much I love it! It really takes some getting used to as there is a whole lot of variety in how the game plays.

Essentially, players explore a haunted house, uncovering relics and events until inevitably, the haunt really begins. Based on what item causes the haunt and where the item was located determines the story behind the haunt and the various gameplay elements related to it. One of the players is revealed as the traitor behind the horrors and the other players much work together to stop them.

The first game we played, A friend was revealed as the traitor, working with an undersea tentacle monster that stole a girl who we discovered in the mansion. We had to explore this underground lake, avoiding the traitor who was trying to kill us and race against the clock to find the girl before she drowned.

The second game we played with another friend of mine, who was revealed as the traitor this time, was revealed to be an immortal trying to murder one of us and sacrifice us in some satanic ritual. To stop him, we had to find a relic to animate this statue and use it to hunt him down and kill him for good.

What makes it great is that what the survivors and what the traitor do are hidden from each other, so we do not know what the goal of the traitor is and vice versa. It is really cool to work out some strategy while trying to survive. So much fun!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

OMG.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

I told you! I don't lose my shit for nothing. This thing is legit! What makes it great is that, even if the Steam Workshop has the content removed, you can still download it through other legitimate mod sites.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BMF, something caught my eye reading about that Alien board game: it can be played by a single player (or up to 8 players). Now while I was initially thinking about TSS, it seemed to me that it would strictly be something for multiplayer - but now this points out that there are actually single player games as well. That makes it even more appealing to me as I'm more likely to explore the single player stuff. So out of curiosity, what single-player mods have you happened upon that you'd recommend so far? This thing is definitely getting more appealing to me daily.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

I have not dabbled in the single player realm of the games just yet but there are a few high quality games that allow single player play. Games like Mice & Mystics, Eldritch Horror (think a more streamlined version of Arkham Horror) and said Aliens game are the ones that come to mind, although there are more that may be worth exploring! You can also essentially play any co-op game as a solo game. Games like Pandemic, Castle Panic! and Forbidden Island could easily be done as a single player controller two characters.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yo we should make a Win95 Solitaire mod...

Hear me out: It's a mod of a Windows emulation of a real world card game being played by emulation of real world cards in a Windows game. :shock: