Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: Indie Box

by FerretGamer Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:27 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So IndieBox is now announcing their games ahead of time.

It's the contents of the boxes that will remain a mystery.

December's game is
Rogue Legacy!!!!!!!!!

Nice you bumped this up since IndieBox also announced they are raising their prices.

Existing members can still lock in a subscription at the old prices until the end of tonight.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 am

I'm on the fence about keeping my subscription this year. On the one hand, I'm glad to be supporting such an awesome project. And the boxes are seriously amazing. But of the 7 games I've released thus far, I've only loved one of them. Generally now I've just been redeeming the Steam key to see if I like the game, and more often than not, I end up adding the physical set to my trade list.

Escape Goat 2 was amazing. And I'm thrilled to have the OOP boxed set.

Forced was... ok. At least I got to play it w/ Ack & Fast which was cool. Sold it.

Mousecraft was also "just ok." I couldn't keep interested enough to beat it though. Sold it.

Luftrausers had a great artstyle, but the controls didn't click with me. I booted it up ONCE.

Brutal Legend, I have no real interest in. I never even opened the box.

Steamworld Dig I couldn't get into. I played it once, for maybe an hour. It felt a bit like Terraria to me? Sold it.

Rogue Legacy, I haven't formed an opinion on yet. It's seems alright.

But yeah basically I feel like the boxes are amazing, but the game selection hasn't done much for me since Escape Goat 2. I think I'd like it more if we got more new releases rather than just deluxe versions of games that have been around for a while.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:46 pm

See your problem is my problem, but I just never actually signed up. I'll be happy to mess with Steamworld Dig when it gets here, especially if you think it feels Terraria like as I put around 30hours on that one to date.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm

I really like SteamWorld Dig and Rogue Legacy. Those were easily the highlights for me so far. Should be interesting to see what comes this month. I do plan to cancel my subscription - hopefully successfully this time - after the next game comes. Then I'll simply check the site once a month and buy games individually if I so choose.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

by FerretGamer Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:24 pm

I did not renew after my 6 month subscription so I guess I am in the same boat as everyone else.

I think the IndieBox team is doing a great job but I had to sit back and say "Ok, do I really need more STUFF?" I'm trying to keep my focus/collecting a little more controlled nowadays.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:32 am

January has shipped!

Anyone familiar with the game?
http://indiegamemag.com/januarys-indieb ... d-edition/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:51 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:January has shipped!

got it today... the pack-in was the absolute best pack-in they've ever sent out, and with that I've decided to NOT cancel my subscription.

Spoiler'd for OMG:

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 pm

holy muthahhedvwugggfvgfwu

Don't have mine yet. Maybe today. Mail generally gets here around 3:30. So stoked.
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:06 pm

noiseredux wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:January has shipped!

got it today... the pack-in was the absolute best pack-in they've ever sent out, and with that I've decided to NOT cancel my subscription.

Spoiler'd for OMG:

I call dibs for when you decide to sell that one. Hating myself for missing out on one or two of those you had in your trade thread.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm

wclem wrote:I call dibs for when you decide to sell that one. Hating myself for missing out on one or two of those you had in your trade thread.

sorry man, this one looks like a keeper. I still have Luftausers and a sealed Rogue Legacy I'm thinking of parting with.
Return to Personal Computers