Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Indie Box

by fastbilly1 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 am

I hated Risk of Rain, until I watched someone like Hobie who is good at the game play. Then I realized I was approaching it all wrong.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 pm

1, 4, and 4 -- that's why I never subscribed to this thing because it's blind gambling with the purchases.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Risk of Rain looks like something I would not enjoy.

The Next Penelope looks kinda cool and cute, but I'm not devastated to not own it.

Ultimately I'm glad I cancelled.

I'm still keeping an eye on the website though. Hoping for an RPG someday!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:16 pm

hmm, Next Penelope actually does look kind of cool. I haven't cancelled... yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 am

annnddddd... cancelled.

Next Penelope does *look* cool. But play-wise it's just alright. The packaging is fantastic though. I'll give them that. It actually comes in a sturdy clamshell, which I like better than the cardboard boxes. I'd rank this one along with Rogue Legacy as a game I like, and will probably dabble with on and off, but I don't love it and don't feel great that I spent $20 on it. Plus, it's still in Early Access. I'm already conflicted enough on the concept, so I'm not thrilled that I bought a physical release of an unfinished game.

That said, I probably would have kept the service another month after this game, but looking ahead to April's release, it just looks really unappealing to me. So I guess it's time to pull the plug. I feel bad. I really like supporting this service. And honestly, the prices are very low compared to the quality of physical stuff you get. But the sad truth is that after 10 months, I've gotten very few games that I genuinely enjoy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:05 pm

Looks like Indie Box still exists, though the subscription service ended back in September 2017.

Anyone pick up any of these games?
Return to Personal Computers