Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Anapan
Next-Gen

XRGB Framemaister is obsolete - is it cheap?

by Anapan Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am

Just watching Retro Core's latest video where he unhooks his Micomsoft XRGB Framemeister. The new, but still mostly inaccessible Retrotink 5X makes most of the scaling functions easy, but some advanced functions, like scaling the unscaled raw video from a PSP or modded PSP Vita with plugins is still impossible without a more advanced configurable scaler.
Has anyone upgraded and decided that their old scaler is no longer necessary?
At the same time as I ask if someone would sell a framemeister cheap, I haven't touched mine in a couple of years. Does anyone want it for a fraction of what I paid?
I'm willing to buy another or sell mine on the cheap. $380 USD seems alot IMO.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Re: XRGB Framemaister is obsolete - is it cheap?

by marurun Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:24 am

I should probably be in the market for a scaler, but I just can't justify it right now.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:50 pm

I haven't used my Framemeister in a while now, but that's only because I've been using CRTs instead. But yeah, everyone is talking about the RetroTINK 5x and the OSSC now. The Framemeister still seems to be plenty popular, but the RetroTINK 5x and OSSC are solving some problems that the Framemeister has. I've thought about selling my Framemeister and using the funds for another scaler, but I'm not totally convinced just yet. Since an HDTV isn't currently my way of playing retro games, I figured I'd wait it out and see what happens before I change scalers.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:31 pm

I think the OSSC has topped it. I'd say the biggest drawback is no s video or composite input. That's where the RetroTink comes in.

Or the Koryuu which was really made to feed those into the OSSC at around 90 bucks. I don't see it talked about much.

https://www.retrorgb.com/koryuu-transco ... -look.html

Says the guy still rocking the XRGB3 I bought from you :lol:

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:22 am

The XRGB-3 is still the top of analog transcoding. Nothing can touch it. If you remain in analog you already won. It can take signals from obsolete computers at arbitrary framerates and output it to an incompatible RGB display like no no other. OSSC can do some of that, but not all.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Game Deals