Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
ESauced
64-bit

Re: FREE Trinitron for any Racketboy member

by ESauced Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:36 pm

I want this so much I just looked at how much to ship it. It is prohibitively expensive. I am in need of a good tube tv by Kansas City to Virginia is a long drive.

Nice of you to offer this up though!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:39 am

samsonlonghair wrote:Sony Trinitron KV-27FS100
I’m giving away my 27” Trinitron to any racketboy forum member who will come rescue it. I purchased a replacement SONY brand remote that works perfectly with my Trinitron. Every function including all the menus operate as they should. I will gladly include her remote for any brave soul who comes to pick up my Trinitron. :mrgreen:

I was in the habit of printing out manuals on the Xerox at work and binding them with a combinder with a clear cover page. I have the manual as well as the remote to complete the set.

:shock: Wow! Free Sony TV with 2 remotes and even a custom spiral ring manual! Somebody snag this, too good a TV to dump at a recycler. That TV through the component hookup though 480i has a clean picture for newer consoles such as the Wii and movie watching too. Even has SVideo for consoles such as the PS1 and N64!

samsonlonghair wrote:Pics

manual

remote(s)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 am

So, I just found this exact tv on Craigslist. If you don’t find anyone for the tv and end up taking it to goodwill is there any way I could convince you to send me the remote?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 am

ESauced wrote:So, I just found this exact tv on Craigslist. If you don’t find anyone for the tv and end up taking it to goodwill is there any way I could convince you to send me the remote?

@ Sam - Hopefully someone will snag it, maybe Craigs list for local pickup? Too nice considering including the remotes and the custom binded instructions. I'll buy that manual if you want to sell only if no one picks up locally.

@ ESauced - Check out your local thrift stores and swap meets, the Sony TV remote very common. Even on Ebay, easily found for five bucks. There are a wide range of years that the Sony TV remote is compatible. I can use the original and newer generation remotes; even a remote made for a Sony LCD for my WEGA CRT Sonys. Some remotes that have the ANT button used if your TV has two RF inputs.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=sony+remote&_sacat=0&_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&_pgn=2
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:41 am

CRTGAMER wrote:@ ESauced - Check out your local thrift stores and swap meets, the Sony TV remote very common. Even on Ebay, easily found for five bucks. There are a wide range of years that the Sony TV remote is compatible. I can use the original and newer generation remotes; even a remote made for a Sony LCD for my WEGA CRT Sonys. Some remotes that have the ANT button used if your TV has two RF inputs.

Thanks! I actually have the exact same model as he posted so I was thinking maybe I could get the original remote but looking back on the thread it looks like he just has a different Sony remote for it. I’ll keep my eyes out for a Sony.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am

ESauced wrote:Thanks! I actually have the exact same model as he posted so I was thinking maybe I could get the original remote but looking back on the thread it looks like he just has a different Sony remote for it. I’ll keep my eyes out for a Sony.

Original remote will be a grey finish.

Here is a Google Image of the newer remote I mentioned.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Many SONY remotes are cross-compatible. The two I have aren’t the original ones; I picked them up second hand, just like CRT gamer said.

Generally speaking, it’s good to pick up a SONY remote from the same general time period. For instance, these remotes come from the early to mid 2000s. If I try to use a SONY remote from the 1990s, then it might control the power and volume just fine, but not control the menus or on-screen guides.

Basically, you need any SONY television remote from the same time period. Obviously a DVD remote won’t support all your TV functions, but a SONY brand Universal remote might come in handy.
Melek-Ric
24-bit

by Melek-Ric Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 pm

I also have a Sony CRT (KV-32FS120, no remote) I'm willing to give to a RB member if they come get it. It's in Indiana. I'm planning on moving in a few months and cannot take it with me, sadly. Going forward, I plan on getting equipment to connect my retro system to HDTVs.
SonyCRT2.jpg
SonyCRT2.jpg (226.87 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:11 pm

That thing is a 165lb beast. Insane! You're likely close to me but I wouldn't even know what to do with something that huge let alone heavy. That thing would rival the back pain the 25" inside my arcade cabinet relates whenever it needs to be lifted.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

I’m in a similar situation. I’m probably going to move soon, and I need to downsize a few of my bigger/heavier items. As much as I’ve enjoyed my Trinitron, it’s time to let someone else enjoy it. I’m kinda glad that you posted your Trinitron on the same thread. I hope that we can give our Trinitrons to new owners. I will update the first post.
Return to Game Deals