Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Thierry Henry Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:53 am

From AliExpress. Ordered back in early October. Only received it now.

This is the 2nd one I've owned of these. The previous one I gifted it recently to a friend.

As with my other one, I had to trim the edges of the PCB's for it to fit in my boot MV-1C board.

"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 am

Good times. I've got that one, came with my cabinet earlier this year and it has such an amazing amount of variety on it. Questionably lacking a few really nice higher priced games though which sadly are on that wonky 138in1 with the annoying daughter board. For anyone who just has a single slot machine and is on a budget I could not recommend a stand alone multicart more than that.

I just wish I had the parts and talent to do the so called simple soldering hack to it to clean up the odd occasional volume problems and scratchiness a few titles have.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:24 am

Does anyone currently following this thread happen to own a GB Boy Color and a copy of Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

I need some help from such a person to test something out for me.

My legit copy of Link's Awakening currently glitches on both my GB Boy Colors if I mash the d-pad/make a circle motion and swing the sword, Link's sprite will disappear and can only reappear by entering a cave or dungeon. I've tested it on both and it seems to be a problem with this one game and the hardware.

I want to know if the same glitch occurs with Ages/Seasons (since it uses the same engine) as I was planning to buy cheap bootlegs to finally play them on my GB Boy Color. If this is the case, however then I can buy bootlegs on a GBA cart instead and play them on my Gamebox (Russian GBA hardware clone).

Can anyone run this small test for me and see if it happens?
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:58 am

^^
That glitch does not happen with my Oracle of Ages carts (both the legit and boot carts).
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:11 am

Thierry Henry wrote:^^
That glitch does not happen with my Oracle of Ages carts (both the legit and boot carts).

Thanks for the advice. I'm wondering if it's just something wrong with my Link's Awakening cart then. It never used to do it on my legit Game boy Color, but it does it does it on both of the GB Boy Color's that I currently own.

Strange.
gbboy

by gbboy Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm

i got this without the game card already had one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portabl ... 0.0.Nsa6vs

but what happened was it had been over a month and a half and it never came seller said wait one more week and message me again by the time i remembered to message him back it had been almost 2 month so he gave me a paypal full refund :) then like 13 days latter it turned up so i got it for free :)

that was the slowest shipping ever
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Wow that's rough, both on the wait and him losing his money and a handheld. That FC Mobile 88 I found one of those locally about a month or two ago here. I didn't have the optional yellow cart, just the 88 inside and the dude had a Super Games 500in1 cart with it which in a way is all you'll mostly ever need with so much on there. It's a fantastic handheld and it's almost entirely accurate (but I think the DPCM audio is a bit off or muffled) and won't run my Castlevania 3 cart too sadly.
gbboy

by gbboy Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:56 am

Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:47 am

gbboy wrote:i got this without the game card already had one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portabl ... 0.0.Nsa6vs

but what happened was it had been over a month and a half and it never came seller said wait one more week and message me again by the time i remembered to message him back it had been almost 2 month so he gave me a paypal full refund :) then like 13 days latter it turned up so i got it for free :)

that was the slowest shipping ever

That's why shipping is usually free. They often take the most ridiculous illogical routes. For example Sweden Post for an Asia to Asia transaction, meaning that the item goes all the way to Europe and back just to go from China to Thailand!

Don't order anything from Aliexpress if you want it in a hurry, but they almost always do turn up and most of the time include tracking even when postage is free.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:40 am

Our old friend the GB BoyColour has now re-materialised in a more basic form as the GB Boy classic!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kong-Fe ... 03341.html

it appears to be a non-backlit fairly cheap knock-off of the Game Boy pocket with a monochrome display and a processor that runs the games too fast!

Marvelous. I'm really not sure why they keep tinkering with the winning GB Boy Colour format, tbh.
Return to Game Deals