Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by samsonlonghair Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:56 pm

I've been tempted to buy a few of their bootleg Genesis games like Alien Soldier, Musha, and The Punisher. I'm probably never going to be able to afford to purchase legit copies of these games anyway, so eff it.
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Tanooki Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Got one for you that oddly popped up just a few miles from me I imagine (general area of town) on craigslist for $50

http://louisville.craigslist.org/vgm/5868962991.html

Comes with a handheld famicom system with an odd 4 face button (double B and A? or turbo?) array setup SNES style with square red buttons, trim, white frame. Person includes a 500in1 cart with it and the original mono a/v cable and usb charge cord.

He asking too much or what? Also curious which model this thing is if it sucks or not. It could be a fun novelty if the screen is on the level of the atgames 8bit GG/SMS handheld I own.
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Betagam7 Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am

Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Tanooki Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Been skimming this thread over again, did you never get a FC Mobile 88 device from taobao or elsewhere? Dumb luck locally farmed one today that's almost never been touched with all the parts and the factory screen protector over it still along with those modern 500in1 Super Games carts too for $45. I'm stunned at the quality, was curious if you had one and how you felt about it (unit or that cart.) Figured I'd ask you since you go after this stuff.
User avatar
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Gunstar Green Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:35 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I've been tempted to buy a few of their bootleg Genesis games like Alien Soldier, Musha, and The Punisher. I'm probably never going to be able to afford to purchase legit copies of these games anyway, so eff it.


I've been tempted to do the same for Little Samson. It's a really cool game but I've never been inspired to beat it on an emulator.

I have an old repro of Alien Soldier, I gave up on that chestnut a long time ago.

Luckily I got MUSHA back in the before times when the going price was $30... and I remember feeling terrible paying that much for a Genesis game. :lol:
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I've been tempted to buy a few of their bootleg Genesis games like Alien Soldier, Musha, and The Punisher. I'm probably never going to be able to afford to purchase legit copies of these games anyway, so eff it.

If I ever do buy a bootleg, I want it so be so legit looking that you can only tell it's a repro by opening it up and looking at the PCB (which I'm far too lazy to do). Plausible deniability with the legitimacy of my collection and such. :P
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19374
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm the opposite. I'm diggin' these new obvious repros that use all original parts.
User avatar
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Gunstar Green Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:49 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I'm the opposite. I'm diggin' these new obvious repros that use all original parts.


I prefer them being obvious as well.
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Tanooki Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:If I ever do buy a bootleg, I want it so be so legit looking that you can only tell it's a repro by opening it up and looking at the PCB (which I'm far too lazy to do). Plausible deniability with the legitimacy of my collection and such. :P


That's how I am 100%. Other than my multicarts, that's exactly what I have too. I have a totally indistinguishable GBA game you can't tell one bit from look, feel, anything without cracking it open. Also have a very quality looking Starfox 2 too. I think they all should look like they belong in a collection, not some amateur hour crap show of stand out ugliness with weird brandings and bad artistry on it. Someone wants to complain? Carpe diem. :)

That said I do have a couple multicarts, kind of hard to deny that, or the one retrousb Kid Dracula cart I have.
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Taobao and Aliexpress deals, finds and purchases

by Betagam7 Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:39 pm

Tanooki wrote:Been skimming this thread over again, did you never get a FC Mobile 88 device from taobao or elsewhere? Dumb luck locally farmed one today that's almost never been touched with all the parts and the factory screen protector over it still along with those modern 500in1 Super Games carts too for $45. I'm stunned at the quality, was curious if you had one and how you felt about it (unit or that cart.) Figured I'd ask you since you go after this stuff.


Nope, I use the 'Subor Megadrive' Famiclone for my cart based portable famicom needs. Will look into it though.
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests