Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Taobao deals, finds and purchases

by Snatch1414 Fri May 15, 2015 9:59 am

In regards to your original post/purchase, if you scroll down on the page you linked to the item there's an ad about halfway down in red that has a much lower dollar amount. When I click on it I see the better deal, but when I translate it it goes back to the regular price of 298-308 instead of 69. My browser won't translate that actual ad I mention above, so may it's not a deal? If you can clarify that'd be great. Interested in one of these! Thanks
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Fri May 15, 2015 11:35 am

Snatch1414 wrote:In regards to your original post/purchase, if you scroll down on the page you linked to the item there's an ad about halfway down in red that has a much lower dollar amount. When I click on it I see the better deal, but when I translate it it goes back to the regular price of 298-308 instead of 69. My browser won't translate that actual ad I mention above, so may it's not a deal? If you can clarify that'd be great. Interested in one of these! Thanks

Yeah, it does the same for me. I think the standard price is higher but the link I posted lets you buy it for 69 RMB as a standalone deal or 79 RMB with the extra controller.

Those type of ads don't translate as they are an image rather than text...however there are mobile phone apps that can scan images and translate the text. High tech world we live in these days. :lol:

I don't speak any Chinese, which is why I'm having frustrations trying to deal with the guys selling light modded NGPC's (just had to get a refund from one because he couldn't communicate with me even using a translator).
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Fri May 15, 2015 11:40 am

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

I found a video about it on youkuo, but it wont load for me:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTU3ODI5ODQ0.html

I am very curious to how that one works. Its too small to be a cube or Wii taken apart and cased. But at $250ish USD thats a bit of a leap for a oddball item.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

by Snatch1414 Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Betagam7 wrote:
Snatch1414 wrote:In regards to your original post/purchase, if you scroll down on the page you linked to the item there's an ad about halfway down in red that has a much lower dollar amount. When I click on it I see the better deal, but when I translate it it goes back to the regular price of 298-308 instead of 69. My browser won't translate that actual ad I mention above, so may it's not a deal? If you can clarify that'd be great. Interested in one of these! Thanks

Yeah, it does the same for me. I think the standard price is higher but the link I posted lets you buy it for 69 RMB as a standalone deal or 79 RMB with the extra controller.

Those type of ads don't translate as they are an image rather than text...however there are mobile phone apps that can scan images and translate the text. High tech world we live in these days. :lol:

I don't speak any Chinese, which is why I'm having frustrations trying to deal with the guys selling light modded NGPC's (just had to get a refund from one because he couldn't communicate with me even using a translator).

Yeah that's what it seems to say but I can't get to the point of buying it before the price goes up again for some reason. I JUST clicked on the OP's link again and now it's at the lower price from the beginning, but again when I translate it it goes back to full price so I don't know what the deal is (literally).

Unbelievably I can't find them anywhere else, even using the "RS-10" model number as well in my searches. I found the PSP equivalent that they sell for $23 USD but not this one.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun May 17, 2015 4:01 am

These arrived this morning.

impressed with it so far. Don't have any of my SNES carts here in China with me to try it out with but the Super UFO is loading roms fine and I'd like to preserve my actual game saves at some point. Might have to restart Terranigma for the third time and actually beat it this time!

I do have a couple of criticisms. The default speaker is terribly quiet, not a problem since I'll always be using headphones. However the placement of the AC adaptor is awful. It's right where your left palm would be an turns a beautifully comfortable handheld into something far more awkward.

EDIT: Doh! I've just realised it actually charges internal batteries so you don't need to leave it plugged in. Oh well, no matter then.

The screen is gorgeously crisp and clear though and the system itself is really comfortable to hold.

I got the system and the UFO from the same seller for about 670RMB. A bit pricey by my normal shopping standards but I'm very happy with it and to finally be able to play SNES games again.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am

Nice, that thing they rebranded in the US as that RDP handheld. It's about as good a you'll get along side of the 2nd version of the supaboy. Neither have a d-pad that works right, the v2 supaboy can be corrected though at least, but both do have compatibility issues.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Tanooki wrote:Nice, that thing they rebranded in the US as that RDP handheld. It's about as good a you'll get along side of the 2nd version of the supaboy. Neither have a d-pad that works right, the v2 supaboy can be corrected though at least, but both do have compatibility issues.

Any chance you can expand on what you mean by "works right"?

Admittedly I've only had the device for a day so far but I've found it to be extremely comfortable and responsive.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun May 17, 2015 9:30 pm

You can press more than one direction at the same time because there's no restrictive plate/bump under the d-pad on the bottom side (center.) It makes games that allow 360 movement a real pain to move correctly as you'll tend to drift or just go the wrong way. Some games will just act weird malfunctioning because they're not coded to even see that.

I find the worst to be stuff like shooters (Gradius) and fighters (Street Fighter) because it's very hard to get clean directions in any way to fly correctly or pull off fireballs and stuff.

It annoyed me enough I pulled the Supaboy v2 I have apart and I used an electric wire plastic twist cap properly fitted (between the 4 directional posts on the bottom of the dpad) and then filed to the right height to correct that. Mine is the only one that'll behave like a SNES controller should unless others have followed the instructions I've given out off and on over the last couple of years. The RDP(Pokefami DX) you can't fix that way as it's different inside.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 am

Tanooki wrote:You can press more than one direction at the same time because there's no restrictive plate/bump under the d-pad on the bottom side (center.) It makes games that allow 360 movement a real pain to move correctly as you'll tend to drift or just go the wrong way. Some games will just act weird malfunctioning because they're not coded to even see that.

I find the worst to be stuff like shooters (Gradius) and fighters (Street Fighter) because it's very hard to get clean directions in any way to fly correctly or pull off fireballs and stuff.

Interesting. I genuinely haven't had this problem, yet, although I haven't played a streetfighter title as the ROM I downloaded for turbo doesn't seem to work. I did give Gradius 3 a try but I didn't find myself experiencing those problems (although I was always terrible at that game.)

I've mostly been playing Terranigma, but I haven't found the pad to be anything other than comfortable and responsive with that game. I do have a grievance about the device though...after barely 48 hours one of the cartridge dust covers has already snapped off due to it being made of stick thin plastic. I must have inserted a cart a whopping five times so this is not really great...however thankfully it's not really an issue since I keep the device in the box anyway.

One other minor irritation...did they have to make the power LED so damn bright? I've been reduced to putting some tape over it to stop myself being blinded by it when playing in the dark!

EDIT: A Japanese copy of Starfox arrived this morning. It works great with the Super Fami DX, so I'm presuming FX chip games are good on the system, but I am getting concerned about the systems method of removing carts. The Starfox cart was a lot tighter a fit than the Super UFO and I thought for one horrible moment it had got stuck.

It really wish they'd opted for an eject button as I'm worried about damaging it long term.

I tried the Super UFO with Starfox but it wouldn't read the cart and the cart wobbled so much it kept crashing. I'm not sure, then if I'll be able to use the cart to play FX roms as implied by the instruction manual.
Return to Game Deals