Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Overload
128-bit

Re: GB Boy (backlit Game Boy Color clone) 20.99USD free ship

by Overload Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 pm

nightrnr wrote:
Overload wrote:$14.99 shipped, backlit, built-in games... I couldn't resist. Can't wait to get this bad boy in so I can review it / play some new games.

I'm pretty sure that the one from the original post is now a "Game Boy only" model, as in no color games. TC really needs to remove the link.

It's still a decent item though, and looks like it keeps the original square aspect ratio. Just don't expect to play "GBC only" games. I'm also doubtful that it's even back-lit.

For those that still want one,
Here's the latest link (as of 12/29/13) for the back-lit color system:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 55152.html

I'm an idiot for not realizing the complete lack of "Colour" on the front of the damned thing. Ah well, $15 down the drain I guess.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Overload wrote:I'm an idiot for not realizing the complete lack of "Colour" on the front of the damned thing. Ah well, $15 down the drain I guess.

Don't feel too bad. We all have buyer's regret sometime or another.
I was annoyed that mine came with a dead pixel... but what are you gonna' do?

For the next 7 hours, the "GB Boy Colour" is $26.99 (see link in my last post). Not quite as nice as the original $20.99 price, but not too bad either (especially for those pretty crystal Blue or Purple colors).
...just another lost soul...
Overload
128-bit

by Overload Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Messaged the seller and he's agreed to cancel. Ordered a colour. Will probably order a second once I'm refunded from the first to sell and break even.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 am

Overload wrote:Messaged the seller and he's agreed to cancel. Ordered a colour. Will probably order a second once I'm refunded from the first to sell and break even.

That's fantastic! Glad you got that figured out.
Let us know what you think of it when you have one. I've already spoken my peace on the thing. For better or worse, I've made it officially my Dragon Warrior III and Kirby Tilt 'N Tumble system.

Still wish I had a translucent color though. Maybe I'll order another too sometime.
Overload
128-bit

by Overload Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:03 pm

My units came in today. None have onboard games.

clear blue - GBC-409
yellow -GBC-405
blue - GBC-403

I'm selling the yellow and blue ones in my BST
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 pm

These backlit models are actually selling for 40+ on ebay. I think that's pretty crazy considering the questionable build quality. I think it might be time to get rid of mine. :P
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:56 am

nightrnr wrote:
Overload wrote:$14.99 shipped, backlit, built-in games... I couldn't resist. Can't wait to get this bad boy in so I can review it / play some new games.

I'm pretty sure that the one from the original post is now a "Game Boy only" model, as in no color games. TC really needs to remove the link.

It's still a decent item though, and looks like it keeps the original square aspect ratio. Just don't expect to play "GBC only" games. I'm also doubtful that it's even back-lit.

For those that still want one,
Here's the latest link (as of 12/29/13) for the back-lit color system:

I was reading this and interested to the point where I almost placed an order...but on more careful checking I'm not even sure if the system the link now directs to even has a backlight let alone supports colour games.

The link really ought to be removed.

This looks to be the correct link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GB-boy-c ... 59257.html

Although the systems are now $44 :(

Does the seller not ship to China? I couldn't find an option although I'm in the Uk at present so tempted to get one even at the higher price. Shame the yellow (which seems to be the one with the games) is sold out.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:41 am

The neon green one that I still have linked (as of this post) seems to have the built in games at $25.99.

I'd jump on that if you are still interested. Not sure about the shipping though.

Still pissed that mine has a dead pixel. I should have sent it back right away, but all well.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:37 am

nightrnr wrote:The neon green one that I still have linked (as of this post) seems to have the built in games at $25.99.

I'd jump on that if you are still interested. Not sure about the shipping though.

Still pissed that mine has a dead pixel. I should have sent it back right away, but all well.

I actually just purchased this exact model on ebay. I knowingly paid over the odds for it but it was from a seller based in the UK so I paid more to avoid the shipping time from China while I'm here.

I'm thrilled to see that it appears to be the one with built in games as the seller did not mention this in his description but looking at it it is the exact same model as this one and it does appear to have the sticker on the box saying "188".

Should arrive in the next couple of days. That link is a much better deal though for anyone interested.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm what the built in games are? I can see the first ten in screenshots but wondering what the others are as I'm thinking of picking up some GB games on ebay to go with this arriving and don't want duplicates.
goat84
16-bit

by goat84 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 pm

nightrnr wrote:The neon green one that I still have linked (as of this post) seems to have the built in games at $25.99.

These look pretty sweet,going to pick up the green and blue gbc clones. I'll report back when I get them looks like free shipping to the USA!
Return to Game Deals