Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Jake Armitage »

Picked up a bunch of PS1 games today at a thrift store - at $4.99 each. All have manuals and inserts - some of the cases are bit rough though.

Alundra (with map)
Alundra 2
Darkstone
Darkstalkers 3
Final Fantasy Origins
Inuyahsa
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Lagoon (Green label)
Medieval II
Metal Gear Solid
Parasite Eve
Xenogears
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:shock:

Awesome find!
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

prfsnl_gmr wrote::shock:

Awesome find!

It has been a long time since I found anything decent at the thrift stores - a couple of years ago I did find a copy of Brigandine - some wear on the paperwork but it did have the map with it.
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Niceeee.... I get excited when I see those PS1 spines mixed in with CDs. JoeAwesome was with me when I found PS1 Lunar mixed in with junk CDs. Prob 3 years ago. Haven't had a good find since :lol: peaked too early!

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

There was one more that was in a box by itself (the case was really trashed so I didn't want the components bouncing around in the bag). Dragon Warrior VII.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Jagosaurus wrote:Niceeee.... I get excited when I see those PS1 spines mixed in with CDs. JoeAwesome was with me when I found PS1 Lunar mixed in with junk CDs. Prob 3 years ago. Haven't had a good find since :lol: peaked too early!

Dang! I guess so! :lol:
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Wait, you passed on DQVII? Were the disc ok?

No joke Joe! I don't "game hunt" much these but more due to a lack of time versus being discouraged. I always enjoyed finding even a $5 I wanted to try.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

Jagosaurus wrote:Wait, you passed on DQVII? Were the disc ok?

No - I got it - but I had a cigar box I had just bought in another store and put the DQVII in it so the discs wouldn't bounce around in the bag. When I made the list up I forgot it was there.

( A handy hint - you can usually get the same multi disc jewel cases for the PS1s that use them by looking in the audio books (not the regular cds - the thrift stores around here generally have a separate section). I picked one up for the DQVII and swapped it out. ) I have to replace some of the others also since a few are pretty scuffed up.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Jagosaurus wrote:No joke Joe! I don't "game hunt" much these but more due to a lack of time versus being discouraged. I always enjoyed finding even a $5 I wanted to try.

Good. Despite being hypocritical to an extent, there are better ways to spend your time than hunting games. But yes, if you do it long enough, you'll get discouraged quickly if you have high expectations.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

JoeAwesome wrote:
Good. Despite being hypocritical to an extent, there are better ways to spend your time than hunting games. But yes, if you do it long enough, you'll get discouraged quickly if you have high expectations.

If I was just looking for video games I would have quit long ago - but I collect a whole lot of different things so I usually find something. Even if I don't I enjoy getting out by myself and looking. Finding something good like this lot is just a bonus.