Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by SpoonyBard Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:08 am

Slim pickings with covid right now, but I have a friend who clears out storage units and i've turned up a couple of things over the past couple of months.

Couldn't pass up on a game called Quarantine in this climate.

Grabbed this with the games. Been looking to complete my system for ages. This box was absolutely cherry and has everything with it. $65 for it and the games was too good to pass up.

This one I snagged at the beginning of Covid lockdown. Everything is there and it came with a few games as well. This is the second Channel F i've ever seen, and was thrilled to snag it for $100.

Got these with the 3do stuff. $60 for the pair. Hadn't played Hyperstone Heist in years, glad to finally get a copy.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 am

Whoa, great score! Hyperstone Heist is like $60 alone.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am

Tmnt has been around a 100 for awhile. Good score with that pair, $250 value.
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:50 pm

SpoonyBard...
Great find on both systems! In all my years of hunting, I have never seen a Fairchild Channel F in the "wild." I hope you enjoy the 3D0, too. It is a really interesting system with some truly great games (I've been playing a lot of "Return Fire" and "Burning Soldier" lately). It also looks great running S-Video (and you don't need a system exclusive cable). Take care!
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

Literally a "Look What I Found" situation to report. I haven't been able to go out "hunting" games for several months given current circumstances but I took the chance yesterday to sort through/clean my game collection a bit. I have a medium sized book shelf with two rows of boxed Intellivision and Atari 2600 games on top and I noticed, while dusting (which I haven't done in a long while) that there was a "gap" in the line of games at the back. I managed to shift the shelf just enough to get a look behind it and found a CIB copy of Imagic's "Dracula" which I completely forgot I had. I don't know why, but it really felt like a big find! Has anyone else ever had this experience? Take care and be well!
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 pm

LOL, you know your collection is too big when you find things that you didn't know you had.

Last Black Friday I picked up Rayman Legends on the Switch for a good price. When it came in the mail, I went to put it on my shelf and... There was already a copy of Rayman Legends on my shelf!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:LOL, you know your collection is too big when you find things that you didn't know you had.

Last Black Friday I picked up Rayman Legends on the Switch for a good price. When it came in the mail, I went to put it on my shelf and... There was already a copy of Rayman Legends on my shelf!

Aren’t you trying to sell your copy of Rayman Legends, too? Now, will you have two copies for sale? :lol:
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:23 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Aren’t you trying to sell your copy of Rayman Legends, too? Now, will you have two copies for sale? :lol:

Indeed, one of them is up for sale! :lol: Even though both are still sealed, I will keep one copy with hopes to eventually play it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Stopped at a yard sale today and picked up complete, black-label copies of:

Spyro Ripto’s Rage (PS1)
Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1)

for $3 each. Not too shabby!
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 pm