Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
KingSudlow
8-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by KingSudlow Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Michi...great find for a clothing store. I always tell my little boy (a dedicated retro gamer)...check everywhere for gaming stuff...you never know what you will find if you take the time to look!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Awesome find, Michi! I don't think I ever came across or flipped through that guide back in the day.

Definitely cool to come across, especially at a clothing store.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:28 pm

I just picked up a copy of Waterworld for the Virtual Boy! I need Golf, Pinball and Jack Bros.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:I just picked up a copy of Waterworld for the Virtual Boy! I need Golf, Pinball and Jack Bros.

That's awesome, Megas! Where'd you end up picking up a copy?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Note wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I just picked up a copy of Waterworld for the Virtual Boy! I need Golf, Pinball and Jack Bros.

That's awesome, Megas! Where'd you end up picking up a copy?

A game shop out in Watuga, Found it Electronics. Nice place if you're ever in that part of texas.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:11 am

So, this is a literal "Look what I found," emphasis on "found."

Years ago, when I moved out of my parents' house, there was a box of NES games that I just could not find to take with me. This really irritated me, as I always took really meticulous care of my stuff. It wasn't like games just disappeared from my collection. Over the years whenever I'd visit my parents I'd spend a while digging around the house trying to find those games, as would my brother if he was around, but even though we tore apart every place they would logically be (my old room, his old room, our basement gaming area, etc.) we kept coming up empty handed. By this point I had just assumed they were simply lost to the ages, which sucked because there were some pretty rare games in there that have since become quite expensive.

Fast forward over fifteen years to a few days ago, and my phone vibrates a few times while my brother and I are recording our gaming YouTube show. It was a Christmas episode, so there were lots of references to "Christmas miracles" and the magic of the holidays. So we end the episode and as we're chatting for a few minutes I check to see who was texting me. Turns out it was our Dad, and he was texting me to say that, in a literal Christmas miracle, my Mom, while digging holiday candles out the back of a closet, had found the box! I was absolutely blown away! We actually recorded an epilogue to the episode just so I could babble about it, even though I can't imagine why anyone but my family would even care about this.

Anyway, the whole reason I'm bringing this up here is because there were a few expensive games in the box, including:
    Metal Storm
    G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor
    Gargoyle's Quest 2
As well as a few good but not necessarily really expensive games like:
    The Legend of Zelda
    Dr. Mario
    The Adventures of Lolo
    Gradius
    Bomberman
    Dig Dug II
And some games that, while not necessarily great, I have some sentimentality for, including:
    Dick Tracey
    Star Wars
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary
    Kung Fu Heroes
So, all-in-all, this Christmas rules, and it's not even December 25th yet! I can't wait to see what's waiting under the tree...
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:19 am

Rarely go out hunting these days, but made a late in the evening stop on a whim (when stores here are much less crowded) at a Vintage Stock just to browse. I don't usually find much at this particular store and the prices there are typically very high, but this time on top of a shelf where they stack loose game carts was a CIB copy of "Omega Race" for the 2600. The box was in very rough shape but the cartridge, manual and (most importantly) the booster stick looked brand new. This is something I have been trying to find for years...and it was only $3.99! Took it home, cleaned everything, and tested it. The booster stick worked perfectly...what an odd little peripheral. The game itself really stands the test of time...a great port of one of my all time favorite arcade games! Take care and Happy New Year!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:05 pm

KingSudlow wrote:Rarely go out hunting these days, but made a late in the evening stop on a whim (when stores here are much less crowded) at a Vintage Stock just to browse. I don't usually find much at this particular store and the prices there are typically very high, but this time on top of a shelf where they stack loose game carts was a CIB copy of "Omega Race" for the 2600. The box was in very rough shape but the cartridge, manual and (most importantly) the booster stick looked brand new. This is something I have been trying to find for years...and it was only $3.99! Took it home, cleaned everything, and tested it. The booster stick worked perfectly...what an odd little peripheral. The game itself really stands the test of time...a great port of one of my all time favorite arcade games! Take care and Happy New Year!

Awesome find! What a way to wrap up the year!
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:09 am

I remember seeing commercials back around 1998 for that talking Pikachu toy. Of course they weren't available locally. I figured out who made it and searched on ebay. $15 and it's full of awesome engrish.
If it stops crying "Pikaqu" just slap it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:07 am

I randomly found an authentic copy of Pokémon Sapphire (GBA) this morning for $15, which seems like a good deal.
Return to Game Deals