Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

J_Wil wrote:I was forced to move to Japan by the good ol' Navy last year and even though the job is shit the game collecting has far exceeded what I had imagined and I'm happy for the experience because of it. Honestly, I could be excited to show off something I found pretty much every week but I had the best find (dollar for dollar) of my life a couple of weeks ago. I found a copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for ¥500 ($4.53 US) and the week prior to that I got some other PC Engine goodies super cheap at the same store. Behold -

:shock: WOW! No bar code stamped on the inner ring of the disc, looks legit! Is that a game manual inside the case? I think the repressings did not have a manual.

JoeAwesome wrote:If this guide is correct, Sapphire could be a bootleg. Still, it's not a bad price at all for the lot if it ends up being high-quality reproductions.
Tanooki wrote:Images aside, if you read the descriptive about the disc itself and the ring, ring code and the rest they're a 100% match for his $5 pick up. The artwork looks right there too, doesn't look like a fraud to me at all, and even if the color is off a hair we're looking at an old image where a photoshop app could have messed with saturation a bit, and if not the newer image could also have a color shift to the game just having seen a light touch of UV at some point too. It really seems to be a match and I've seen enough examples of boots pop up in the history of that pcengine fx forums before. I'm no expert as I don't own it, but all the others who point out obvious vs less obvious stuff makes me think it's a steal of a lifetime there at $5.

mjmjr gave me a reproduction of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Saphire right here on Racketboy. He had access to some of the well made pressings, but that was years ago. I do not own a PC Engine, but the disc plays just fine emulated on a PC computer with Magic Engine Emulator.

mjmjr25 wrote:So, after getting a bit annoyed at people admittedly selling these for money on ebay, i've decided to source a few more and will give them away to racket members.

The original game is quite pricey; a 3rd party named Care4Data produced some repressings and not clear if authorized by Huson or NEC. The disc is not a CDR, but an actual pressing, I wrote a guide on it back in 2012. Great info from Breetai in the replies at the thread.

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire - A Bootleg worth collecting?
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=618156#p618156

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Just got myself GPD WIN1 and WIN2 this week and now it's in my handheld collection I have collect for a while.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

johnblade wrote:Image
Just got myself GPD WIN1 and WIN2 this week and now it's in my handheld collection I have collect for a while.

I’m super jealous! :mrgreen:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AlphaGrip iGrip - Swap Meet $99.00 $15.00
Spotted this strange controller and thought at first a web browser controller specific for Amazon due to the logo. Turns out not related to Amazon, but emulates a standard USB Keyboard as well as a built in three button Trakball with scroll wheel emulation. Confirmed online this has the newer LED sensor trakball and instead of older model with mechanical style rollers, a nice bonus considering either version hard to find. 8)

Underneath has a standard USB input and a USB output for powering a portable LCD or cell phone. Unfortunately no built in Bluetooth for smartphones and no built in battery. Perhaps a simple cable connect pulling micro USB power from cell phone and keybord detect? A Bluetooth dongle could be also plugged in for the "game control text keyboard".

This would require a tricky relearn of the qwerty to use as a portable keyboard and a bit crazy to use as a dedicated game controller. On the other hand, some games allow custom input setting of keys and there are keyboard remap programs that can reassign any of the buttons for virtually any game.

The controller certainly obscure, just a few hits on Ebay with results showing all sold. All the complicated key button controls; a challenge for me to try a game with yet another control style. :mrgreen:

Manufacturer Site - http://www.alphagrips.com/features.html
AlphaGrip Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/alphagrips
Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/iGrip-Ergonomic- ... B000O8AOO0

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Holy carpel tunnel! :shock:

It’s the notorious “worlds ugliest controller” that’s been posted on the internet for years. I never saw one in real life. I kinda thought it was a myth.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It’s actually supposed to improve typing and improve ergonomics, but there’s such a steep learning curve for using it, and I can’t imagine a claw grip actually being ergonomic.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
joehero
32-bit

Post by joehero »

Found at a yard sale on Saturday. $11.00 for all.
Attachments
sega.jpg
sega.jpg (301.74 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

joehero wrote:Found at a yard sale on Saturday. $11.00 for all.

NICE!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

joehero wrote:Found at a yard sale on Saturday. $11.00 for all.

Good score, Joe! 8)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

5 screw Balloon Fight - $20.

Not a stellar deal, but cheaper than the average on ebay. Balloon Fight has been a bit of a white whale for me for the last decade. It is one of my favorite Joust clones but I just have not found a copy for sale in person until last weekend. Now I am down to a handful of NES games that I still want.