Why is everyone selling everything right now?

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Why is everyone selling everything right now?

Post by Sarge »

Well, I did buy a copy of Tag Team Wrestling, but that's because it's the origin of Strong Bad. :D
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:Well, I did buy a copy of Tag Team Wrestling, but that's because it's the origin of Strong Bad. :D

Fun fact, that was one of my favorite NES games growing up. Playing it now, I can't figure out why, but I LOVED it as a kid.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

kitkit.com
8-bit

Post by kitkit.com »

For me personally, I have amassed a huge amount of games over the years. Last year, I sold most of my complete SNES, Genesis, TG16 collection and used the money to purchase an Electric Car which my family loves it.

I still have a whole bunch of stuff I need to get rid of as I have little time for gaming nowadays. The bottom line is "the more I own, the less I enjoy".
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

kitkit.com wrote:For me personally, I have amassed a huge amount of games over the years. Last year, I sold most of my complete SNES, Genesis, TG16 collection and used the money to purchase an Electric Car which my family loves it.

I still have a whole bunch of stuff I need to get rid of as I have little time for gaming nowadays. The bottom line is "the more I own, the less I enjoy".

I'd give my left testicle for an electric car. I wouldn't sacrifice my games for one (yes, that really is the order of my priorities), but I can totally get by with one nut.

pteague87
8-bit

Post by pteague87 »

kitkit.com wrote: The bottom line is "the more I own, the less I enjoy".

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not going to say I wouldn't love to have the entire Dreamcast library, but as for me, having a select few (30 or so) Dreamcast games that I really enjoy gives me more time with them. I sunk a lot of time into PSO, Sonic, Silver, seman (yeah I'm that guy). I only own like 5 (physical) xbox one games. But the ones I do have I have sunk time into. Destiny, Elder scrolls, doom, titatanfall, minecraft (don't hate), etc. I can agree to your theory 100%.
September 9th, 1999. A day that will live in infamy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I understand that sentiment, but for me, the opposite is true. Then again, that goes back to the fact that I'm at least as much a collector as I am a gamer. Is there any substantive difference in experience with Fallout 3, for example, for me to own it on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Steam? The same is true of Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim. Probably not, but the collector in me wants every platform's release of my favorite games even if, aside from some bumps to frame rate and graphical fidelity, the experiences are pretty much identical.

I have over 2200 games. I have no intention of buying fewer. I'll most certainly go to my grave having never played at least some of them. It brings me unequaled joy, however, to walk into my house and immediately be greeted with the sight of a couple thousand games neatly organized on my shelves.

bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

So, sometimes I think about selling everything even the cabs. I just don't play games anymore. The only thing I have played in the last 5 months has been a little NFS on the 360. I have not touched most stuff in well over a year. I sold a bunch last year and just think about clearing the rest out...... :? I think I am down to 60 or so games but it is mostly top end stuff left and I know I will never get them back, of course I don't miss the high end stuff I dumped off last year. :|
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

A long hard lesson. I've found over the years joy from owning games I clearly no longer or will never play is fleeting at best. They waste priceless space lined up, stacked, and boxed away.
Lum fan.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I understand that sentiment, but for me, the opposite is true. Then again, that goes back to the fact that I'm at least as much a collector as I am a gamer. Is there any substantive difference in experience with Fallout 3, for example, for me to own it on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Steam? The same is true of Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim. Probably not, but the collector in me wants every platform's release of my favorite games even if, aside from some bumps to frame rate and graphical fidelity, the experiences are pretty much identical.

I have over 2200 games. I have no intention of buying fewer. I'll most certainly go to my grave having never played at least some of them. It brings me unequaled joy, however, to walk into my house and immediately be greeted with the sight of a couple thousand games neatly organized on my shelves.

Can I come over?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I understand that sentiment, but for me, the opposite is true. Then again, that goes back to the fact that I'm at least as much a collector as I am a gamer. Is there any substantive difference in experience with Fallout 3, for example, for me to own it on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Steam? The same is true of Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim. Probably not, but the collector in me wants every platform's release of my favorite games even if, aside from some bumps to frame rate and graphical fidelity, the experiences are pretty much identical.

Can I come over?

Do it, bro! TSTR and swiftzx already have.