Bootsy Beats

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Bootsy Beats

Post by Exhuminator »

Bootsy's new series has started:

http://cinemassacre.com/2015/07/28/boot ... ds-part-1/

If you watch AVGN you've probably seen Bootsy every now and then. In short he's an incredibly skilled classic gamer. As such he's started his own series on Cinemassacre detailing his tricks and techniques one can utilize to finish off vintage white whales. The first being the notorious Battletoads on NES. I'm not usually one to promote a web video series, but Bootsy is a classy guy so give his show a shot if it sounds interesting.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Bootsy Beats

Post by Luke »

I'll give it a go.

But would it kill a game reviewer to not dress like a twelve year old? I'm usually being flippant, but I am dead serious on this one. If jeans and t-shirts didn't exist I believe almost every game reviewer would only have socks and underwear.

Yours Truly,

Fashion Police
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Luke wrote:But would it kill a game reviewer

For the record he's not reviewing games in this show.

You can drop a him a line though and suggest he wear a suit it you like. Maybe it will set a new precedent.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Seems like a nice dude, but this isn't for me.

...and he doesn't have to suit up, just dress like an adult. If he was an extra in a Beastie Boys video, he's apropo dressed.

Not that I really care, but it is a constant stereotype for gamers to dress like homeless people.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Watched this the day it was posted on Cinemassacre and enjoyed it. Then again, I dig virtually all content from that site. Looking forward to the rest of Battletoads as well as future games.
BossKnight

Post by BossKnight »

Although he is very knowledgeable and I like that when someone is doing a walk through, I have to admit I can't stand his voice.
Video Game Reviews
Nerd & Geek Culture
BossKnight Films
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I like how he sounds just fine.

As for the videos - they're coming out too slowly. I would watch a 45 minute video about how to beat Battletoads.... But four 10 minute vids each released a couple of weeks apart? Just doesn't work as well.
Lazer
64-bit

Post by Lazer »

If you like Bootsie, check out the Board James videos. The videos are high quality and hilarious, and Bootsie usually steals the show in the ones he's in as "Bad Luck Bootsie".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

It all seemed good to me, enjoyed it and I don't even watch walkthroughs. Again vinyl in the background is a plus Imo.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.