The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Us gamers

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:08 pm

By your favorite game? No, unless its a Japanese game with Lolli's, then I can't tell much other than you have some questionable taste.

And the idea of growing into more genres as one gets older? I'm not going to argue its common, but then again, a HUGE amount of people don't listen to much music at all, and it shows. Being in Texas, I can pretty quickly tell that a person is either shallow, foolish, or not a music fan if they don't listen to anything but radio country. IE, I recently had to discuss with a girl the song "The Road Goes on Forever", and explain to her that it is not a happy song, and that she didn't understand it. She now hates the song.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Dude, all knowing someone's taste in music will really tell you is... their taste in music. That goes for any interest.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:24 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Dude, all knowing someone's taste in music will really tell you is... their taste in music. That goes for any interest.

Then why does everyone read into it? If you listen to metal, the masses think you are crazy, or a murderer, or hail satan while eating kittens or some shit. The stereotypes get to me, and it aggravates the hell out of me.

Listen to the lighter end of metal? You're a pussy, can't handle the heavy stuff.

Listen to Country? You're a redneck, you're trash, you're stupid, you live in the woods and are a cannibal.

Listen to Punk? You're stupid, poor, and a skinhead. Probably british too.

I can keep going, and none of these are right, but everyone reads into what you listen to and your hobbies. It says a lot about you. If you ignore the stereotypical bullshit, and get down to it, you can learn a lot.

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Dude, all knowing someone's taste in music will really tell you is... their taste in music. That goes for any interest.

Then why does everyone read into it?

Because they're fucking stupid.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:

Then why does everyone read into it? If you listen to metal, the masses think you are crazy, or a murderer, or hail satan while eating kittens or some shit. The stereotypes get to me, and it aggravates the hell out of me.

This kind of BS is enough to make you want to vomit up your kittens all over your pentagram.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:

Listen to the lighter end of metal? You're a pussy, can't handle the heavy stuff.

Listen to Country? You're a redneck, you're trash, you're stupid, you live in the woods and are a cannibal.

Listen to Punk? You're stupid, poor, and a skinhead. Probably british too.

I can keep going, and none of these are right, but everyone reads into what you listen to and your hobbies. It says a lot about you. If you ignore the stereotypical bullshit, and get down to it, you can learn a lot.

Because elitist fans of things stereotype people who don't like the same things they like.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Listen to Punk? You're stupid, poor, and a skinhead. Probably british too.

who the F thinks that?

If you listen to metal, the masses think you are crazy, or a murderer, or hail satan while eating kittens or some shit. The stereotypes get to me, and it aggravates the hell out of me.

In fairness, look at this guy:

You KNOW he eats kittens.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Listen to Punk? You're stupid, poor, and a skinhead. Probably british too.

who the F thinks that?

If you listen to metal, the masses think you are crazy, or a murderer, or hail satan while eating kittens or some shit. The stereotypes get to me, and it aggravates the hell out of me.

In fairness, look at this guy:

You KNOW he eats kittens.

I forced the punk one. But when I think of what I punk stuff I know, it gets to that. Thinking of skinheads comes from a like for Oi! and Streetpunk... lots of skinheads there.

Yes, but does he hail satan while doing it? Otherwise its normal.

jinx
Next-Gen

by jinx Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 am

Oh oh oh! Me next! I want to take a personality test!!!

I listen to Industrial/Aggrotech/Harsh EBM.
What does that say about me? Who am I?

(Sometimes I listen to things like Tool, Offspring and (old)Staind as well)
Take a look and tell me exactly who I am. This is ALL my musical interest here:
http://www.last.fm/user/jinx-wolf

On a serious note. I agree that every group and fandom has these loud, obnoxious a-holes that stand out and make the whole community look bad. We all wish we could disassociate with them, but we can't.

All GNU/Linux users are fat, have neck beards and are know-it-all Gentoo users. I mean, c'mon... Just look at me! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sasha_Blue
64-bit

by Sasha_Blue Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I can already hear it, people sometimes call me a hipster because I listen to weird industrial music, post black metal or blackened shoegaze and post rock with crazy names like "If These Trees Could Talk" or bands like "I Love You But I Chosen Darkness".

Also I never tell anybody where I am from in MMO's because most people that I encountered are not friendly towards people in the states.