Interesting game memorabilia

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Interesting game memorabilia

Post by Erik_Twice »

As you might be aware, I don't buy arcade ports unless I can't emulate them in MAME. Which is kind of a shame because that means I don't get to read the boxes and manuals, which is very fun.

This led me to wonder, what could I collect to get the same feeling? Or for historical reasons? I'm not interested in toys, refrigerator magnets or anything of the kind, rather stuff like flyers or manuals which are fun to have.

Any ideas? :)
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Re: Interesting game memorabilia

Post by bryan_65 »

I think the flyers and posters are cool for a lot of the games. Plus you could deck out your wall too. I plan to get some decorations my self some time.
Attachments
mkhurt.jpeg
mkhurt.jpeg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
SirPsycho
24-bit

Post by SirPsycho »

I've been trying to collect extra Suikoden memorabilia as I'm almost done with the entire library (3 imports to go). Some items you might want to look for are in-store signage, since you're more arcade oriented maybe there are some of the big games that have cool metal signs or limited release official artwork.
winds
128-bit

Post by winds »

WOW! SirPsycho! Another Suikoden collector :D
I have been collecting Suikoden memorabilia for quite a few years now (maybe 8 years or so?). In recent months I haven't been on the hunt for anything, which is kind of a shame, but I have other priorities at the moment. However, over the years i've probably managed to collect 100's of Suikoden items (probably somewhere close to 600-700 items).
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

winds wrote:However, over the years i've probably managed to collect 100's of Suikoden items (probably somewhere close to 600-700 items).

Pics would be pretty awesome.
winds
128-bit

Post by winds »

brunoafh wrote:Pics would be pretty awesome.

Sure! Although these are old pictures that I took about 4 years ago. My collection has probably quadrupled since these pics were taken. I would love to update the pics but I moved into a smaller apartment since then and don't really have the room to display these properly yet, as well I haven't much time to do it. One day though!

As I said this is probably only a 4th of what I have now. I also bought the suikoden pachislot that Konami released last year, which i'm pretty proud to have. However mine is giving some error saying "please see slot attendant" (in japanese) when I turn it on. I was meaning to take some pics of it and show them here in the off-chance someone could locate the problem with it.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

That was indeed awesome! So much cool stuff there, kudos. I own Suikoden I-V but that's it. I absolutely love the franchise though.
SirPsycho
24-bit

Post by SirPsycho »

Sorry for hijacking your thread General_Norris.

I'm still fairly early in my collection, not sure how far I'll go into the Japanese only memorabilia. I feel lucky getting what I have so far.

I have an entire album of pictures that I'll be adding to as I get more, its been quiet there lately.