The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
User avatar
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5051
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 pm
Location: Outside Philly, PA

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by retrosportsgamer Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 am

dsheinem wrote:So this just dropped to $17.79 on Amazon, and it was closer to $25 or so a few days ago. I ordered it from the marketplace for $20.48 on Friday, and now wish I had waited another few days :lol:

Go get it!


Well, as a bonus, you got in before Amazon started charging tax, so it cost me an extra $2.xx in PA tax when I ordered yesterday morning.
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23118
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by dsheinem Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 am

retrosportsgamer wrote:
dsheinem wrote:So this just dropped to $17.79 on Amazon, and it was closer to $25 or so a few days ago. I ordered it from the marketplace for $20.48 on Friday, and now wish I had waited another few days :lol:

Go get it!


Well, as a bonus, you got in before Amazon started charging tax, so it cost me an extra $2.xx in PA tax when I ordered yesterday morning.


guess that evens out, then!
User avatar
Nemoide
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by Nemoide Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 pm

My copy = ordered.
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38130
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by noiseredux Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 pm

ordered my copy yesterday, but until it arrives it seems the Forward and Chapter 1 are available as free samples on the MIT Press website.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/de ... 2&mode=toc
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23118
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by dsheinem Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

noiseredux wrote:ordered my copy yesterday, but until it arrives it seems the Forward and Chapter 1 are available as free samples on the MIT Press website.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/de ... 2&mode=toc


cool!

I really wish that Amazon and the like would start giving you a free or less than $5 Kindle version when you buy the hardcover :(
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22993
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by MrPopo Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:13 pm

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:ordered my copy yesterday, but until it arrives it seems the Forward and Chapter 1 are available as free samples on the MIT Press website.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/de ... 2&mode=toc


cool!

I really wish that Amazon and the like would start giving you a free or less than $5 Kindle version when you buy the hardcover :(

Licensing agreements are a pain in the ass.
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by Key-Glyph Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Going to try to order it through the library network tomorrow. If that fails or takes too long, I'll grab it from amazon.
Image
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by CFFJR Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 am

I got my happy ass down to the store tonight and picked up my copy! I'll get started soon.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23118
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by dsheinem Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 pm

awesome mail day 8)

Image
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Sep-Nov '12 Game Book Discussion Group:"The Future Was H

by Stark Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

This sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking about buying the Nook version. Will let you know.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Return to Games As Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests