Battletoads at Gamestop

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
NSBAceAttorney
24-bit

Battletoads at Gamestop

Post by NSBAceAttorney »

The manager at my local gamestop was tired of people comming in and asking if they could buy Battletoads. He owned a copy of the SNES Battletoads so he put it up on the shelf with a $30,000 price tag. Now whenever someone comes in asking for battletoads, he just pooints and says "Here you are sir, Battletoads"
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Re: Battletoads at Gamestop

Post by dedalusdedalus »

You should go in there and try to trade in your copy of Battletoads. Ask for 10% of what they're selling it for.
frrrosty3
16-bit

Post by frrrosty3 »

I can see where he was coming from, but that was just unprofessional.
Systems Owned: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Gameboy and Gameboy Color, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo e-Reader, Nintendo DS, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Game Gear, 3DO, Turbografx 16, Mattel Intellivision, Colecovision, Maxnavox Odyssey 2, PS3, PS2, PS1, X-BOX 360, X-BOX
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

dedalusdedalus wrote:You should go in there and try to trade in your copy of Battletoads. Ask for 10% of what they're selling it for.

heh, this would be interesting to try.....you do have a copy right? :mrgreen:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I've heard of this before.....

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Battletoads
BEWARE THE WEBSITE IS NSFW

here is the reason why! its somewhat of an internet meme!

whether its funny or not is up to you.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

frrrosty3 wrote:I can see where he was coming from, but that was just unprofessional.

Working at a gamestore, I think it is hilarious.
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

NSBAceAttorney wrote:The manager at my local gamestop was tired of people comming in and asking if they could buy Battletoads. He owned a copy of the SNES Battletoads so he put it up on the shelf with a $30,000 price tag. Now whenever someone comes in asking for battletoads, he just pooints and says "Here you are sir, Battletoads"

am i missing something? why were people coming in asking for battletoads?
if you took a shit, please put it back
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

final fight cd wrote:
NSBAceAttorney wrote:The manager at my local gamestop was tired of people comming in and asking if they could buy Battletoads. He owned a copy of the SNES Battletoads so he put it up on the shelf with a $30,000 price tag. Now whenever someone comes in asking for battletoads, he just pooints and says "Here you are sir, Battletoads"

it's an internet meme. You call up a gamestop and ask for battletoads
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

final fight cd wrote:

maybe there's a big battletoads fun club in his city. who knows. :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

final fight cd wrote:

It somewhat has to do with it being a semi obscure game that has not been made in over a decade, that and being a meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/battletoads-preorder
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim