Emulation 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Emulation 2024

Post by Anapan »

I tried, but I don't like the 3DS.
I haven't even seen the newest one.
I think it didn't really make a splash if it even sold here in BC.
I heard the newest model adapts to edge-drift. Advanced eye-tracking.
Is it much better than the launch model?

My 3DS looked 3D for small bits of my gameplay, but unless I replicated the Virtual Boy experience where I locked my head in and clamped the system in, my experience kept drifting out of any immersive experience.
I pretty much stuck to 2DS mode, and that was mostly okay.

Since this topic is about emulation in 2024, I had great success even years ago!
I only ever saw my 3DS games in 3D well through VR using Citra.
It's so impressive!
You can experience the 3DS in proper 3D with head tracking making you able to cleanly look around corners and see the edges of the models that are locked into 2D camera views.
Instead of your vision going blurry on the edges of the display and having to move your head and hands to compensate, everything remains sharp!
You can tweak it a lot, but the OOBE from the emulator doing SBS mode is actually really good without adjusting settings.

Then you can upscale things.
This one guy on Patreon has been spending his life for many years upscaling textures for some games.
https://www.patreon.com/henrikomagnifico/posts
His mods take advantage of Citra's superior engine builds and uncapped FPS when modded as well as the higher-poly count to render the games cleanly in HD.
They're all free (newest files unlocked after 2 weeks). They're mostly made to make 2D emulation really impressive, but if your computer can handle it, these visuals translate well to 3D on a VR headset too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Citra was a part of the new Nintendo lawsuit iirc, so it might not be getting updated for a while.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Citra was a part of the new Nintendo lawsuit iirc, so it might not be getting updated for a while.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

https://citra-emu.org/
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Henrico Magnifico's HD mods are tied to heavily modified, specific versions of Citra, and as such, only require you to add BIOS and ROM to an already set-up standalone emulator folder.
Various mods and configurations are set up as batch scripts (make buttons in the GUI to Playstation etc), tho as long as you have an Xbox controller and good GPU, you are all set.
www.henrikomagnifico.com
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Just found an AMAZING Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS called Red Viper. Takes advantage of the stereoscopic top screen to not only restore the Virtual Boy's 3D effect but vastly improve it imo.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Just found an AMAZING Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS called Red Viper. Takes advantage of the stereoscopic top screen to not only restore the Virtual Boy's 3D effect but vastly improve it imo.

That’s awesome. I am going to get that. Nintendo missed a great opportunity with the 3DS to re-release the VB library.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Just found an AMAZING Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS called Red Viper. Takes advantage of the stereoscopic top screen to not only restore the Virtual Boy's 3D effect but vastly improve it imo.

That’s awesome. I am going to get that. Nintendo missed a great opportunity with the 3DS to re-release the VB library.

They really did. It's not like there were that many; it would have taken little manpower and raked in a bunch of money off of the obscurity of the Virtual Boy alone.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.