04 - $10
16 - $12
13 - $40
17 - $15
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: RacketBoy Charity Auction 2022

Post by Anapan »

Hey, I got called to work out-of-town and won't be home for the last couple of days of this auction, but I will be mostly present online throughout, tho likely not present for the end (I still haven't familiarized myself with what central time is in relation to my own time-zone)
A reminder that the cutoff for donations is Sunday night. I'm still trying to complete a project or two as I pack for work. Should an update not happen timely enough, I ask that one of the mods take care of it for me.

I'll make and post a countdown timer on my next bidding update so everyone is on the same page for when the auction finishes.

#17 - $20
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think we should consider letting the auction run just a tad longer.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

marurun wrote:I think we should consider letting the auction run just a tad longer.

I don't see a downside to amending the end date/time.

BTW, bids now total just over $500!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'm usually inclined to stick with rules and times that are set - especially if I set them, but in this case the times and dates for this auction were arbitrary and mostly made to benefit my own involvement. I do not speak for the crowd, and do not have any strong feelings either way. I'll leave it up to participants of the auction and would hear anyone out. Currently two participants wish for the auction to be extended.

I was dispatched for 1-2 weeks starting Monday night. I think I'll be working at least 12 days, but the last time I worked at this site I booked an air-bnb for 15 days (I heard the apprentice was pulling rotten tubes out of the boiler one-handed and tossing them in a scrap bin) only to be layed off 3 days after starting. Co workers that work at this site regularly said an early layoff at this plant happens often.

My main concern is if someone overseas needed an item to arrive before Christmas. Certainly, if someone requests immediate shipping of an item I donated, I can ask one of my parents to retrieve and ship it to make sure it arrives asap. An expedited package mailed to USA from here is 12+ days, and overseas would be at least a few days longer, especially approaching holiday season.

I'm not entirely okay with changing the rules on the fly. I don't object, but it is not my place to allow a change in the rules of an active auction. Because these rules were set up before this was launched, I now need to request that anyone who has taken part in the auction in any way so-far object to this, even if only out of principle.
Apologies to anyone who has now been called out to request steadfastness.

I will put the same time limit that I have put for donations.

Sunday night.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I feel over two weeks is a pretty generous amount of time already. Most ebay auctions are only 7 days, but if others want more time it wouldn't bother me.

However, I think the end time needs to be like 8 central/9 est. That'd give people time to get home from work and do any last minute bids.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just to be clear: I'm fine either way. :D
marurun

Post by marurun »

Anapan puts so much of himself in that it sounds like not extending is the way to go.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

03. $120
09. $15
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

08. - $15
12. - $8