Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy587

Re: RacketBoy Charity Auction 2022

by Ziggy587 Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:52 pm

Updated the bids to this post, so I believe the bids on the first post are final. Good job, everyone. And an especially big THANK YOU to Anapan for all your hard work!

@ Anapan - Just let us know if you need the mods to step in and help with anything while you're away!

marurun wrote:Despite the timing on the annual auction being pretty reliable, it seems a lot of us get overwhelmed with the real world. I think we need to put out a call for possible auction items much earlier, even if we haven't nailed down the cause, yet. Not that it will probably make that much difference. A lot of us put things off until the last minute anyway.

Yes, I feel the same. Despite being one of the people that always want to start talking about the auction early, I myself get bogged down with real life and run out of time. Let's make a mental note for next year: Call for donations early, even before we hammer out the auction time frame and donor recipient.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:38 pm

Note wrote:Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I was prepared for a bidding war, but was surprised when it didn't come to that.

Depending on how much use I get out of it or if for some reason I don't find it comfortable to handle, I might be willing to let it go, and I'll be sure to reach out to you, SB.

Good work on the auction everyone! I wish I could have donated an item or game in time, I'll try to be better prepared for next year.

No need for that Note I was kinda busting your chops. As much as I liked the item I'm not really that upset. I was also prepared for a war, but the timing didn't work out. It's all good.

Also thanks for the kindness everyone. It's been crazy here but all is good, the problem was she started going downhill fast and then she passed one day before her 87th birthday on Saturday.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:No need for that Note I was kinda busting your chops. As much as I liked the item I'm not really that upset. I was also prepared for a war, but the timing didn't work out. It's all good.

Also thanks for the kindness everyone. It's been crazy here but all is good, the problem was she started going downhill fast and then she passed one day before her 87th birthday on Saturday.

No worries! I'll reach out if I don't find the console comfortable, as I can be a bit picky about handhelds. I do have a long trip (17 hour flight from NY to the Philippines) coming up in mid-December, so that should be a good test on whether or not I like it.

Always hard to lose a loved one, but especially so when it's sudden like that. Sending well wishes to you and your family.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:06 pm

Sorry for your loss SB!
Congrats and thanks to all winners and donors for taking part.

I apologize for flaking @ the end here. I'll verify everything and send out invoices with requests for addresses via PM after my shift.

I expect I still have over a week of work here on Vancouver Island. If anyone won one of my donations and needs it expidited, PM and I'll have one of my parents mail it out.

edit: RCBH928 donated $50 earlier. With his permission, I used it for parts for a project I was planning. Since it didn't get completed, I'm donating it directly.

With that the total collected is $479 USD!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:33 pm

I only bid on one item for $10. I actually meant to bid more on it but couldn't get online before the auction ended. So I will be sending $21 as my payment, bumping it up to an even $500!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 am

Thanks all for prompt payment! I've instructed everyone to ship their donations. A reminder that we do offer assistance for shipping fees (unofficially) for donors who did not expect the expense. Just PM me and we'll find a solution.

A minor technicality; because I live in Canada, the auction's recipient paypal account defaults to CAD funds. I am working on the details of the final total, but because I live in an area where I don't have cellphone text or call ability, and don't want to switch my Paypal enforced contact phone number to a sketchy free VOIP number, I'm struggling a bit with the minor details. Paypal login requires text or call verification if made from a different geolocation.
I'd appreciate if everyone who paid through paypal verify that their payment was made in USD or equivalent CAD funds.

I'm still out of town, and unable to send my donations to their winners, but I've had one donation expedited by a parent, and can have others sent sooner if any winners request it. My parents are retired, and are happy to oblige. My mom made the felt sleeve for that GBA mod.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:37 pm

All of my donated items will ship out tomorrow! PM me if you want a tracking number.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:37 am

Anapan wrote:I'd appreciate if everyone who paid through paypal verify that their payment was made in USD or equivalent CAD funds.

I'm still out of town, and unable to send my donations to their winners, but I've had one donation expedited by a parent, and can have others sent sooner if any winners request it. My parents are retired, and are happy to oblige. My mom made the felt sleeve for that GBA mod.

Thanks for the update, Anapan. To confirm, I sent payment in USD and was notified that you would receive the equivalent in CAD.

Also, that's cool to know about the felt sleeve for the modded GBA! Was wondering what the story behind that was.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:30 pm

It took me quite a while to figure out what happened; A not-insignificant amount of the funds were lost to the way Amazon does currency conversion. some participants donated more to make our total well over $500 USD, but due to the conversion, we fell a bit short. I've covered the difference and will be donating the $500.00 later tonight.
Something like this happened previously, but the difference was negligible. I'll be registering the next PayPal account through a VPN and using a USA address so this cannot happen again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

by marurun Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 pm

Are we in the right window to get matching during their annual campaign?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming