Re: Games Acquired 2022

by Markies Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 pm

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2022!

1. Baseball Stars (NES)
2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA)
3. Crazy Taxi 2 (SDC)
4. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2)
5. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
6. Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS2)
7. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS2)
8. Shadow Hearts (PS2)
9. The Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (XBOX)
10. Forza Motorsport (XBOX)
11. Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones (XBOX)
12. Assassin's Creed (PS3)
13. Borderlands - Game Of The Year Edition (PS3)
14. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
15. Wii Sports (Wii)
16. Nintendoland (WiiU)

17. Vice: Project Doom (NES)
18. X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse (XBOX)
19. Miitopia (NS)

I didn't think I was going to make it out tonight as Wednesday's are usually my busy day, but I had a shorter than average day. Hit another store that didn't have as much as the first store as I walked by several games on my list with no boxes or manuals for the disc games or chewed up labels for the cartridge games.

The pick for today is obviously Vice: Project Doom for the NES. After some cleaning, the cartridge came out great and I am very excited to give that one a whirl.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 pm

Awesome pick-ups, Markies! You filled up your backlog with some great titles really quick! I'd like to try the Ratchet & Clank PS2 games myself, I'm hoping to track them down in the next month or so.

Also, I had a lot of fun playing X-Men Legends II. My buddy had it on PS2 and we used to get together to play for a few hours at a time. Was a ton of fun. Wish we had a chance to finish our save file.

Vice Project Doom also seems like a fun game. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these once you finish 'em!
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Thu May 19, 2022 9:00 pm

1. Baseball Stars (NES)
3. Crazy Taxi 2 (SDC)
5. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
8. Shadow Hearts (PS2)
15. Wii Sports (Wii)
16. Nintendoland (WiiU)
19. Miitopia (NS)

20. Battletoads (NES)
21. Pokemon Red (GBC)
22. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

Went back to the first store because they posted today that they got some Pokemon games in and I have been looking for my first GameBoy game. While looking around, I found two other games that I missed the first time. Now that my Backlog is beaten, I don't mind owning Battletoads. :)

Note wrote:Awesome pick-ups, Markies! You filled up your backlog with some great titles really quick! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these once you finish 'em!

Thank you very much!

I don't know when I will get back to my normal gaming. I am hoping to do that after I fill up my Backlog with some good titles. I am still missing a title for 5 systems, so I am still on the hunt. Want to build up a nice cushion before I begin anew.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Sat May 21, 2022 6:45 pm

1. Baseball Stars (NES)
3. Crazy Taxi 2 (SDC)
5. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
8. Shadow Hearts (PS2)
15. Wii Sports (Wii)
16. Nintendoland (WiiU)
19. Miitopia (NS)

20. Battletoads (NES)
21. Pokemon Red (GBC)
22. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)[/i]
23. College Slam (SNES)
24. Destruction Derby (PS1)
25. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PS2)
26. Disgaea 3: Absence Of Justice (PS3)
27. Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition (PS3)
28. Puzzle Kingdoms (Wii)
29. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
30. Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
31. Splatoon (WiiU)
32. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (NS)

I hit up four store today. Two were a total dud and two were pretty good. I am debating not doing anymore shopping and just rounding out my purchases with a slow and steady ebay string of games. We shall see how many more games I want.

But, I can't complain with this haul. My favorites would be Disgaea 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Hyrule Warriors. Very glad to finally pick those up!
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Fri May 27, 2022 11:17 am

1. Baseball Stars (NES)
3. Crazy Taxi 2 (SDC)
5. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
8. Shadow Hearts (PS2)
15. Wii Sports (Wii)
16. Nintendoland (WiiU)
19. Miitopia (NS)
20. Battletoads (NES)
21. Pokemon Red (GBC)
22. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
23. College Slam (SNES)
24. Destruction Derby (PS1)
25. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PS2)
26. Disgaea 3: Absence Of Justice (PS3)
27. Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition (PS3)
28. Puzzle Kingdoms (Wii)
29. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
30. Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
31. Splatoon (WiiU)
32. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (NS)

33. R.B.I. Baseball 2 (NES)
34. Revenge of Shinobi (GEN)

This begins my purchases on eBay. I only have a few more left, so I am nearing the end. But, I wanted to do a few more just to round out my collection and focus in on the systems that were neglected during my initial purchases.

Two solid pickups though Revenge of Shinobi would probably be the standout. I picked it up mostly because I want to play Shinobi III, but I am still excited to play it and try the series for the first time.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 am

Markies wrote:Two solid pickups though Revenge of Shinobi would probably be the standout. I picked it up mostly because I want to play Shinobi III, but I am still excited to play it and try the series for the first time.

Great game. Prepare to get destroyed by some of the later bosses, though. Getting through that game without save states is a beast.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri May 27, 2022 3:47 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Markies wrote:Two solid pickups though Revenge of Shinobi would probably be the standout. I picked it up mostly because I want to play Shinobi III, but I am still excited to play it and try the series for the first time.

Great game. Prepare to get destroyed by some of the later bosses, though. Getting through that game without save states is a beast.

The bosses are rough, but some of the jumps over bottomless pits in the later levels are the real threat.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Fri May 27, 2022 5:53 pm

I had the Sega 6-Pack Cartridge as a kid and Revenge of Shinobi was on it.

I never really got too far in it, so I know a little about the game, but I know it will not be an easy play. I have heard that the game is a challenge, but I still remember enjoying it. Thanks for the help!
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Tue May 31, 2022 7:27 pm

...May was very good for adding to the collection, it was nice finding some nice stuff across several platforms. I found some very solid additions everywhere from regular retail, online, a new local game shop, and I finally made my way down to Cary to check out the Limited Run store. I was at least hoping that maybe there would maybe be a used Dust or something, there wasn't but at least I didn't leave empty handed. I'm going to try to get down there sort of regularly if possible (it's a 5-hour drive).
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:02 pm

2022 Pick-ups:

1. Yoshi's Story (N64)
2. Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
3. General Chaos (GEN)
4. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
5. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (DC)
6. Blue Stinger (DC)
7. Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
8. Phantasy Star II (GEN)
9. Ristar (GEN)
10. Omega Boost (PS1)
11. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
12. Zombie Revenge (DC)
13. Revelations: Persona (PS1)
14. Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James (PS1)
15. Raiden Trad (GEN)
16. Soul Blazer (SNES)
17. Wave Race 64 (N64)

RoboCop Versus The Terminator (GEN)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
F-Zero X (N64)
Dinosaurs for Hire (GEN)
Jewel Master (GEN)
Super Punch-Out! (SNES)
Winback: Covert Operation (N64)

Just want to share my May pick-ups! The games in the first image I picked-up here in NY and the second batch of games I picked up while on vacation in LA last week, as I had a chance to check out Game Tower in the Echo Park area.

RoboCop Versus The Terminator (GEN) - I originally played this game through emulator a few years back and was curious about it as I'm a fan of both franchises. Looking back on it, it's hard to believe my parents not only let me watch these movies when I was a kid, but gave me the action figures and other things from the movies. Lol.

Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - This was the last remaining game I needed from the original mainline releases! I heard this version has a bit more content than the Gamecube release, and I have most of the other RE games on Playstation consoles, so I went with this version. I plan to play RE3 for the Summer Games challenge, and hope to get to this one later in the year.

F-Zero X (N64) - I actually totally missed this game when I was younger. However, I had a friend who used to get people together for his birthday to play older games, and one year I had a chance to play this. Had a lotta fun trying it out that night and have been looking for it for a while. It's been fun going through some of the GPs!

Dinosaurs for Hire (GEN) - This game's a curiosity for me, as I'm a fan of run and guns, but this is a title I never heard of back in the day, and never came across the comic it's based on. My buddy that collects arcade cabinets up here mentioned it as one of his favorite games on the system, so figured I'd check it out. The difficulty ramps up pretty quickly but it's fun! I think it'll be even better co-op.

Jewel Master (GEN) - This is another game I tried through emulation a year or two ago and enjoyed. It's an action platformer, which is a genre I really like in the 16-bit era and the ring system adds a unique and interesting element. Also, the soundtrack was created by the same composer as the Shining games on the GEN, and he did a great job here as well.

Super Punch-Out! (SNES) - I had been looking for this game for quite a while, but I passed on it for something else multiple times. My childhood friend had this game, and I had good memories of playing it while hanging out at his house. I'm also a big fan of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on the NES, so it's cool to finally be able to put more time into it's sucessor.

Winback: Covert Operation (N64) - I ended up checking out Winback on the online service of my partner's Switch about a month or two ago while she was running an errand. Next thing I knew I was hooked on the game. Lol. However, I don't have access to her Switch on a regular basis, so I figured I'd pick-up a copy if I came across one, which happened in LA.
Return to General Gaming