Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Popular gaming franchises you've never played.

by alienjesus Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:49 am

I'm pretty well covered on anything major which has been on Nintendo or Sega platforms.

I haven't played a lot of the big name Sony or Microsoft franchises (or 3rd party franchises predominantly on those consoles) from the past decade and a half though. Stuff like God of War, Gears of War, Forza, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Elder Scrolls. I know the latter existed for longer than that, but PC franchises are also a weak point for me - I've only really played a handful of point n click games on the hardware because I don't much enjoy it as a gaming platform.

Basically if the franchise existed on consoles prior to 2001, I've probably at least tried it at some point. If it was created after that point and isn't primarily on Nintendo hardware, there's a fairly large chance that I haven't.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:02 am

Spyro, Jak and Daxter, Parasite Eve (planning to remedy that one this month probably), LittleBigPlanet
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Most of the big, AAA, modern franchises...like the Uncharted series, which all look like crap to me...or The Last of Us games...which all look like crap to me...the soulless, cash cow Assassin's Creed series...I could go on
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Tbf Black Flag was almost a great game. The pirate stuff rules... there was just the Assassin's Creed part that ruined it lol
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:24 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:Tbf Black Flag was almost a great game. The pirate stuff rules... there was just the Assassin's Creed part that ruined it lol

There needs to be more pirate video games honestly
Ack

by Ack Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:53 pm

We'll always have Monkey Island.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:15 pm

...tough crowd, I really enjoyed AC all the way up until I took a break from the series w/AC III. The Ezio trilogy is probably the strongest of the games though, I plan on picking the series back up around the holidays though. I really do want to try Gradius though, I've heard nothing but good things about it, I was hoping Konami would do a collection for it like they did for Castlevania on the modern platforms.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Syndicate wrote:...tough crowd, I really enjoyed AC all the way up until I took a break from the series w/AC III. The Ezio trilogy is probably the strongest of the games though, I plan on picking the series back up around the holidays though. I really do want to try Gradius though, I've heard nothing but good things about it, I was hoping Konami would do a collection for it like they did for Castlevania on the modern platforms.

What do you consider modern? There was a compilation on the PSP that had 1-4 including Gaiden. It's well worth it for any PSP collection.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:01 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Syndicate wrote:...tough crowd, I really enjoyed AC all the way up until I took a break from the series w/AC III. The Ezio trilogy is probably the strongest of the games though, I plan on picking the series back up around the holidays though. I really do want to try Gradius though, I've heard nothing but good things about it, I was hoping Konami would do a collection for it like they did for Castlevania on the modern platforms.

What do you consider modern? There was a compilation on the PSP that had 1-4 including Gaiden. It's well worth it for any PSP collection.

...I think of the 7th gen and up as still being modern-ish, so the PSP would fall into that. I don't have a PSP though, so all of the junk I talked about it not having worth playing is coming back to bite me :lol:
Return to General Gaming