Game music survey

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
grvty1

Game music survey

Post by grvty1 »

Hi, I’m conducting a survey about video game music and would greatly appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to fill in the questionnaire:

https://forms.gle/9V6sL4ayXg34hFBc9

Only participate if you’ve played one of these games recently:

Journey (2012)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)

God of War (2018)

Persona 5 (2016)

The Last of Us (2013)

Bastion (2011)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

Celeste (2018)

DOOM (2016)

Assassin’s Creed 2 (2009)

NieR: Automata (2017)

Undertale (2015)

Red Dead Redemption (2010)

Bioshock Infinite (2013)

Minecraft (2011)

Cuphead (2017)

Ori and the Blind forest (2015)

Hyper Light Drifter (2016)

Hollow Knight (2017)

No man’s sky (2016)

Your answers will remain anonymous. They will only be used for statistical purposes and will be reported only in aggregated form. Only participate if you’ve recently played one of the following games:

Thank you for your time!
marurun

Re: Game music survey

Post by marurun »

Hi, perhaps you could elaborate a bit on why you are conducting this survey and how the responses will be used. Assurances that responses will be kept anonymous (proven time and time again to be impossible to actually guarantee) are nice and all, but what is your goal with this?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
grvty1

Post by grvty1 »

Hi, thanks for commenting!

I'm doing some research for my master's thesis on behaviours and attitudes towards video game music. I'd rather not be more specific about "my goal" (although you'll get an idea once you've seen the questionnaire) so as not to influence or "contaminate" people's answers.

As for answers remaining anonymous, I can totally guarantee that since I'm not asking for any personal details, just general questions in order to be familiar with the demographics of respondents. Also you don't need to log in with your google account (or any for that matter) to participate, so I have no way of knowing who's actually taken the survey. As I said, 100% anonymous!
marurun

Post by marurun »

grvty1 wrote:Hi, thanks for commenting!

I'm doing some research for my master's thesis on behaviours and attitudes towards video game music. I'd rather not be more specific about "my goal" (although you'll get an idea once you've seen the questionnaire) so as not to influence or "contaminate" people's answers.

As for answers remaining anonymous, I can totally guarantee that since I'm not asking for any personal details, just general questions in order to be familiar with the demographics of respondents. Also you don't need to log in with your google account (or any for that matter) to participate, so I have no way of knowing who's actually taken the survey. As I said, 100% anonymous!

Hi, can you also tell us what university this master's thesis is for? I think your explanation is sufficient as to the nature of the survey. As someone who works at a US university I'm aware of the kind of constraints that can affect data collection, and as such I'd like to make sure everything is nominally compliant with good ethical research practices.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
grvty1

Post by grvty1 »

Yeah, I totally understand. Thanks for taking in an interest in this.

Not a US university. I'm at University of Barcelona (Spain)
marurun

Post by marurun »

Most European universities have similar concerns about ethical and informed data collection in academic and research settings, I would hope.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

It seems like it's supposed to be filled out multiple times, but there's no picture of a cat at the end to make me want to reach the end multiple times. Pls update with cat picture reward for completion. It doesn't have to be your own cat, and I'd complete it again at least twice for the same picture knowing that it was there as a reward. Even a cat emoji would make my day for having completed the survey twice.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage