Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Long term collecting goals?

Post by Nemoide »

Hooray!
Capuman

Post by Capuman »

For me its simple, i want to hace every game i ever had as a kid on my snes, ps1 and ps2. Id say im about 50% of the way on all consoles. Preferably CIB but im not too fussed about that and for one of two of the snes games that are too hard find or expensive im even considering replica cartridges since im just after the experience really more than anything. Along my journey if i see a game or bundle that is affordable that i like, i buy it.

So far my list consists of:
Snes
Psone
Ps2
Dreamcast
Ps3
Ps4
Switch
2 x CRT
In total around 150 games between all consoles

I completed my CRT goals which consists of a 9inch sony pvm and a 20inch Olympus PVM plus all the cables for all my cables.

Ultimate goal would be to have either a 1Up street fighter arcade or one of those multigame arcades with loads of emulators.

Once i have the games that i am missing from my childhood i will stop collecting.
zcal

Post by zcal »

Capuman wrote:Once i have the games that i am missing from my childhood i will stop collecting.

Wondering if you still play/intend to play and acquire newer games, but just don't count those acquisitions as collecting? If so, why not?
Capuman

Post by Capuman »

zcal wrote:
Capuman wrote:Once i have the games that i am missing from my childhood i will stop collecting.

Wondering if you still play/intend to play and acquire newer games, but just don't count those acquisitions as collecting? If so, why not?

Oh yes, i occasionally buy new games, as in this generation (PC and PS5), absolutely, i have my alienware PC with an RTX3080 which i play with most weekends and hopefully next year ill be getting a PS5 too :) But no, i dont count them as collecting, i guess mainly because they are downloads and not physical.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

I would like to improve my Final Fantasy-Metal Gear and Resident Evil collections with more rare items.
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I have lists of games that I want for each system I collect for, I am currently working on finishing up my want lists for NES (about 65 games or so), Xbox 360 (about 25 games) and gen 6 consoles (about 25 games). When I'm done with those I may turn my attention towards either genesis or ps4

I am also always actively collecting for switch, my want list is pretty huge (about 180 or so games) plus I am always keeping on all the new releases. I have about 160 switch games currently and most of my focus is collecting for that since it is the only system I am likely to play over the next couple of years, the ability to carry it around with me and put it to sleep at anytime is an absolute godsend for a new parent