Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

E3 2021 Hype Thread

by bmoc Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 pm

Ok people, E3 is just 1 month away now and some big names are scheduled to make an appearance. Regrettably, Sony will not be making an appearance as far as we know.

As is tradition, I think it will be fun to speculate what might get announced. Or just list off some of your long shot dream announcements.

I'm 99% sure we will see a new Monolith Soft game. Yasunori Mitsuda recently wrapped up a big recording session and the last time he did that, it was right before Xenoblade 2 was announced. I think this new game will likely be another Xenoblade sequel or their long rumored new IP.

I give a Nintendo Switch Pro announcement 50/50 odds right now due to the chip shortage. Nintendo may not be able to produce enough units and might delay the announcement. With that Bloomberg report a while back, I think there is sufficient evidence to say a Switch revision is definitely in the works.

There may be a surprise console related announcement by Valve given some recent comments by Gabe Newell. Half-Life 3 confirmed? :lol:

As far as long shots go, I'd love to see a new Darkstalkers game from Capcom. I'm really shooting for the moon here but Darkstalkers vs Killer Instinct is something I've always wanted to see. And speaking of vs games, where is the Tekken x Street Fighter game I was promised over a decade ago? Namco needs to get cracking on that.

What are your E3 hopes and predictions?

E3 Schedule with links to individual streams:
https://www.pcgamer.com/e3-2021-schedule-dates-lineup/

Official E3 streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/e3
https://www.youtube.com/e3

If you can't watch live, Polygon will aggregate their coverage here:
https://www.polygon.com/e3/22529727/e3- ... ouncements
Last edited by bmoc on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2021 Hype Thread

by Sload Soap Fri May 14, 2021 1:19 pm

I'd like for Sony and Microsoft to show something that actually justifies buying their latest consoles. In a dream world that'd be games along the line of Bloodbourne 2 or Elder Scrolls VI. Currently nothing about either the PS5 or Xbox X is that impressive. Probably released them too early.

Breath of the Wild 2 will probably get a lot of play but I think it's time for a new Mario Kart. The weirdos can have Pikmin 4 however I still hold hope for a new F-Zero or Starfox or an actually fun Wario game not suffixed with Ware.

Like to get a proper look at Elden Ring as well. Super mega dream world would be Vampire Savior 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga Remaster and a Mass Effect sequel that isn't mediocre.

Finally the real showstopper:
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri May 14, 2021 3:42 pm

I agree that we should be in for some BotW2 news. I've also heard rumors of a new Mario Kart, 2D Metroid, new Donkey Kong, and new Fire Emblem. A Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD bundle is speculated to be happening for Zelda's 35 anniversary. In any case, I am expecting a lot of 2022 releases and not as much 2021 releases.

Sload Soap wrote:Super mega dream world would be Vampire Savior 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga Remaster

opa
128-bit

by opa Fri May 14, 2021 5:57 pm

I'm just now looking into buying more ps4 games. No real plans to read about xbox or ps5 news. I will skim the nintendo highlights and any new retro remakes or rereleases.
A new mario kart would be cool. I'd like one without the coin mechanic.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 pm

Shenmue IV would be amazing! Even though the third title got mixed reviews, I'm looking forward to finally playing it and I hope the fourth title eventually sees the light of day.

I don't have any specific predictions, but I'd love to see some news about a new Metroid game for the Switch. How about a new Star Fox game in the same style as the title released on the N64? Also, I saw this slide from a financial presentation from Sega Sammy -- looks like their reviewing IPs to see what's due for a remaster or remake.

Totally agree it'd be awesome to see Sega remaster Panzer Dragoon Saga, or see them release a quality title based on one of their old IPs and a new Darkstalkers title. I always really liked the character designs in that game, the theme was really unique.

And can we a get a PS4/PS5 version of Phantasy Star Online 2 in the West? C'mon Sega!
Tiduas
16-bit

by Tiduas Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am

E3 2021 hype!!!

Overall looking forward to see more from almost everyone that attends E3 (and Summer Games Fest) but I'm always having a soft spot for Nintendo. BotW2 that has already been mentioned in this thread would definitely be nice.

If I were to dream about something it would be to see a new Mana title from Square Enix, just give us something original (no more ports or remakes now...), reusing the engine from the Trials of Mana remake is of course okay.
My YouTube channel with a focus on mainly retro and indie titles:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Tiduas wrote:If I were to dream about something it would be to see a new Mana title from Square Enix, just give us something original (no more ports or remakes now...), reusing the engine from the Trials of Mana remake is of course okay.

That would be great! Though, naturally, I would prefer a Chrono Collection similar to the Mana Collection we got not too long ago. Chrono Trigger (with DS additions), Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross would be amazing, and to have an official English copy of Radical Dreamers would be right up my alley. I wouldn't even care that I would be buying Chrono Trigger for.... *checks notes*... the 4th time. I love Chrono Cross but a true sequel to Chrono Trigger is long overdue. If Square-Enix surprises us with that, I would lose my mind.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue May 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Well this is probably what Valve is up to. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/ ... gaming-pc/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:39 pm

Come on Half Life 2 episode 3
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am

Added links to the schedule and where you can watch stuff in the first post.
Return to General Gaming