E3 2021 Hype Thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2021 Hype Thread

Post by bmoc »

Though not officially part of E3, Summer Game Fest is happening how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXeohrnoaY

They just announced Metal Slug Tactics. it looks amazing!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My tactics in Metal Slug are: shoot everything, don’t get hit by anything, and bring lots of quarters. Does this game require something more than that?
Ack

Post by Ack »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:My tactics in Metal Slug are: shoot everything, don’t get hit by anything, and bring lots of quarters. Does this game require something more than that?

Going left instead of right?
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

bmoc wrote:Though not officially part of E3, Summer Game Fest is happening how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXeohrnoaY

They just announced Metal Slug Tactics. it looks amazing!

Woah, this looks like a lotta fun and not at all something I'd expect for this franchise. Always loved the art style for Metal Slug. Did they announce what platforms this game will be on by any chance? Didn't see that throughout the clips for the game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It's available for wishlist on Steam, unknown if it'll also hit consoles.

Elden Ring is a Souls game with a mount, so maybe a bit more open world thing going on.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

MrPopo wrote:It's available for wishlist on Steam, unknown if it'll also hit consoles.

Elden Ring is a Souls game with a mount, so maybe a bit more open world thing going on.

Appreciate the info, Popo. Hope this also comes out on the Switch.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Nothing too mind-blowing from the first 2 hours. The best stuff was the first 3 games (Wonderlands, Metal Slug Tactics, and Death Stranding Director's Cut) and Elden Ring. I was glad to see more of Tales of Arise and Monster Hunter Stories 2. The Evil Dead Game looks amusing. Definitely gonna wait on the reviews for that one.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I skimmed through the youtube vid and didn't really see anything interesting other than Metal Slug. It really feels like the industry is just coasting on the same ideas over and over again. The Evil Dead game didn't look interesting at all, and more Souls games aren't really a thing the industry needs as there's like hundreds of them already. Souls games are like the new first person shooter.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I am looking forward to the new Ratchet and Clank though, drops at midnight.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Raging Justice wrote: more Souls games aren't really a thing the industry needs as there's like hundreds of them already. Souls games are like the new first person shooter.

But it's coming from From Software. It would be like telling id "we don't need more first person shooters".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.