E3 2021 Hype Thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2021 Hype Thread

Post by bmoc »

marurun wrote:They announced a new Mario + Rabbids title this morning. You’re predicting the future after it happened.

Lol. This is what I get for not checking the news this morning. I'd heard the Mario + Rabbids 2 rumors earlier this week and thought they were pretty plausible. I never thought Nintendo would leak it early on their website. I could still be right about Rayman!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Limited Run Games' conference was so much of a troll that I can't tell if the big final announcement was real or not

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

That is 100% going to be real. Remember how Night Trap was rereleased?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Is The Takeover not getting a PS4 physical release? Did they shaft PS4 owners yet again?

I played a little bit of Huntdown once and it was pretty amazing (and also hard as balls). It totally deserves a physical release. It's basically an ode to the 80s with references to stuff like Escape from New York and plays like a Contra/Metal Slug game.

I might have to play this new version of Bloodrayne Betrayal

Republique gets a physical release...again? Okay.

We are now in the era of games that aren't even that old getting re-releases or remakes. It doesn't bother me, but I do find it interesting.

Retromania wrestling kind of sucks. Don't play it. I'm a pro wrestling fan and I hated it. It's waaaaaaay overpriced for what it offers too.

Castlevania Requiem is getting a physical release? Sweet.

Zombie Ate My Neightbors - Pretty cool
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I'm definitely excited for the Limited Run Castlevania games. It is wild that Rondo of Blood is getting an English Turbo Duo release.

The Capcom presentation was underwhelming. I don't think they showed off anything new? It was mostly stuff that is already out or about to be released in the next month or so.

Regarding the Xbox presentation yesterday, I am excited for the Eiyuden Chronicles devs. They got the game added to Xbox Game Pass which I am sure is huge for them. Despite backing it on Kickstarter, I somehow missed that they where making a companion game (developed by Natsume). I dug through my emails and found the backer store to purchase it at a reduced price.

I'm not sure what to think about Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins. Like the rest of the internet, I want to know why the main character is only wearing a tshirt while everyone else is decked out in full Nomura armor. The gameplay looked alright but the dialogue was kinda cheesy.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

bmoc wrote:The Capcom presentation was underwhelming. I don't think they showed off anything new? It was mostly stuff that is already out or about to be released in the next month or so.

I was watching Victor Lucas from Electric Playground reacting to it. He's been attending E3 events since the mid 90s, and said the Capcom presentation was the worst he's ever seen.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

No doubt. Even if I don't like your games, I'll at least give you points for trying (see Devolver Digital). Capcom really phoned it in this year. Here's hoping Nintendo steals the show and Bandai Namco shows us some good stuff beside Elden Ring.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My guess for the Capcom presentation is for 2020 they assumed there would be no E3 2021 and drip fed announces through the year. Then E3 2021 goes virtual and they slapped something together to have something. I guess they decided that was better than not doing E3 at all.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

bmoc wrote:I'm definitely excited for the Limited Run Castlevania games. It is wild that Rondo of Blood is getting an English Turbo Duo release.

I totally missed the Turbo Duo announcement, that's awesome. I was already hype just for Castlevania Requiem in physical format

It's probably just a coincidence, but it feels like the perfect time for these Castlevania announcements and releases given the awesome Season 4 that recently came out on Netflix. It certainly put me in the mood for buying Castlevania stuff
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I'm looking forward to those River City Girl games too