2021 Gaming Goals and Resolutions

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

2021 Gaming Goals and Resolutions

Post by Ack »

I have been considering my checklist for things to play in 2021, and since I have some games I want to wrap up and others I am being urged to try, I felt it would be best to make note here so I could share progress and thoughts with all of you, as well as hear your goals for 2021. Please note, just like in 2020, I intend to keep a heavy focus on RPGs for 2021.

This year, I am looking at several key things to do:

1. Wrap up games I was playing in 2020

I have left games such as the recent Prey as well as Final DOOM: The Plutonia Experiment and the Death Rally remake unfinished. I want to knock these out.

2. Beat a Gold Box game

Popo has been urging me to whittle away at my GOG RPG backlog, specifically the numerous Dungeons & Dragons Gold Box titles and series I have listed. Hell, I figure it's time I give it a go.

3. Spend more time with Christmas Switch games

I received a few games for my Nintendo Switch in both December 2019 and 2020 that I have not yet beaten. I should get on that.

4. Return to PlayStation gaming

It's been a long time since I played a PS1 RPG, but with Fastbilly hyping the Duckstation emulator to me, it's time I hit up my collection of unfinished and unplayed titles.

5. Wrap up D&D series

I have several Dungeons & Dragons game series to finish: Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Icewind Dale. I want to complete another of these, just as I have completed the Eye of the Beholder series.

6. Start a new Ultima trilogy

A few years ago, I finished playing through the original trilogy of Ultima games. Since the plots of the Ultima series run in 3 game cycles, I can begin the next set with either 4 or 7. Not sure which I will pick, but I want to get back to experiencing Ultima again.

7. Return to Might & Magic

I have M&M 1-6 as well as offshoots such as Crusaders and Swords of Xeen done, but I took some time away. Now I want to return.

How about everyone else? What do you intend to knock out in 2021, and what are your thoughts for my goals?
marurun

Re: 2021 Gaming Goals and Resolutions

Post by marurun »

My goal for 2021 is to try to stream some mini console goodness to some friends once a week. I'm having trouble finding the ideal streaming setup, however, because I would prefer to have everyone doing voice chat instead of me trying to read text.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Go through my enormous backlogged of games started but not finished.

My main goal however is to beat the lucas arts adventure games soon, and definitely try to beat all the zelda games within the next few months.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

2021 is likely to be mostly the year of Nintendo for me as I hit the Switch games I missed out on, as well as some of the Wii U ports to Switch since I missed that in its entirety.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Hmm. I got about half of my goals from last year down. Still need to do more retro stuff, but I’m slowly getting there. For this year, I really just want to focus on gaming more- less time surfing the web (that’s what work is for :lol: ), less time staring at my phone while other people use the TV, etc. just sit down and game.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

My 2021 goals are pretty simple:

1) Collect physical switch games, with a smattering of NES games here and there

2) Play my switch games and probably nothing else this year
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Some gaming resolutions I have for 2021 ...

1. Finish up a few games I started towards the end of 2020, which are: Goldeneye 007, Chrono Trigger, and Shining the Holy Ark.
2. Finally play through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
3. Track down a copy of and finally play Resident Evil 3 on PS1 around Halloween.
4. Continue collecting Genesis, SNES, PS1, Saturn, and Dreamcast games.
5. Get some Saturn lightgun games!
6. Beat a few more games than I did last year.
7. Try my best to participate in TR each month.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I think that I should keep my resolutions relatively straight forward.

Work through games in my backlog that was started.
So I have a bunch of more modern stuff and some classics that I started and just never finished for one reason or another. Skyrim, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, Blazing Chrome, God of War, and Dishonored on the modern side of things. On the classic side I still need to finish SMW, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Symphony of the Night.

Finally hook up my Mega SG.
I've been adding to my Genesis and Sega CD collection but only playing these classics on my Genesis mini, I think it may be time to change that.

Play more stuff on GamePass.
GamePass is one of my favorite thing about the XB platform, it's filled with tons to play and a bit of it are games I wouldn't normally check out. If I run into something cool, I'll usually look for a physical copy to pick up.

Keep adding to the library.
I'm still on the hunt for Genesis and Saturn classics, I'd like to pickup some SMS, Dreamcast, and GameCube games that I missed as well. With the XSX and PS5 out, picking up XB1 and PS4 games has become a little more affordable. I wish I could say the say the about Switch games, but I'll keep grabbing those too :lol: