Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2021

by Note Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:05 am

Syndicate wrote:...very nice pickups there Note, PSIII is a very good find. I've been looking for one for a while and came so close to getting one but the shop couldn't find the copy I paid for. Decap Attack is fun w/a nice soundtrack, Radiant Silver is fun and even better w/two players if you can do it, ZaMN is also a classic but it's pretty tough imo. I can't wait to see what they do w/the remake.

That sucks the store didn't have the copy you paid for. If by chance I come across another CIB copy while hitting up spots in my area, I'll let you know and maybe can grab it for you. I'll finally be able to get some co-op gaming in with a friend we're visiting 4th of July weekend, but he doesn't have a Saturn -- thinking it'll be a while before I get a chance to play Radiant in co-op mode.

Yeah, I also found Zombies to be a tough game on my initial playthroughs but I had a lot of fun with it. Also interested to see how things turn out with the remake.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Also, and if you haven’t done do yet, play Double Dragon Advance. It’s not just one of the best beat ‘em ups on the GBA, it’s also one of the best games on the GBA, the best Double Dragon game, and one of the best beat ‘me ups on any system. I adore it. (TMNT is also shockingly good, and the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time. It doesn’t really compare to Double Dragon Advance, though.)

Alright, you sold me on Double Dragon Advance. I'm gonna check it out through emulation later in the month.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:27 am

Syndicate wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:Some of these are from last month. Have I mentioned that I like beat 'em ups :lol:

...cool stuff there, especially Guilty Gear Judgement and Lollipop Chainsaw, I really need to find a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw one of these days.

Try and get the Valentine's Day edition of Lollipop Chainsaw if you can. It was only released in Japan but it's region free, has English, can be played uncensored, and it has all of the DLC outfits. The outfits were pre order bonuses in the US version, so there's no way to get them now

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:You and Prfsnl_gmr seem to like similar things to me

It’s true. I do like the occasional beat ‘em up. I like most genres, though. The only one I can’t really get into, for some reason, is SRPGs.

Also, and if you haven’t done do yet, play Double Dragon Advance. It’s not just one of the best beat ‘em ups on the GBA, it’s also one of the best games on the GBA, the best Double Dragon game, and one of the best beat ‘me ups on any system. I adore it. (TMNT is also shockingly good, and the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time. It doesn’t really compare to Double Dragon Advance, though.)

Yeah, I haven't played Double Dragon Advance at all actually. I'm looking forward to it. Outside of the NES trilogy, I think the only DD game I have played is DD Neon. That game was fun, but really didn't feel like a Double Dragon game.

I'm looking forward to playing TMNT on the GBA too. There is actually quite a few interesting turtles games available these days. I heard that the fan-made game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rescue-Palooza! is very good. It seems based on the second and third NES games. I'm also very interesting to see how Shredder's Revenge turns out, which is an official game that will eventually release on Switch and PC. It seems to be inspired by Turtles in Time. If you're not familiar with either of them, here's some trailers for both games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RiB5Xi ... el=merso10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qJvTq ... doVerified

I love stuff like this. Nostalgia always feels good

Note wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:Yeah, I have a fond place in my heart for TMNT games and Double Dragon too, played all the DD games on the NES back in the day. That pic in my avatar from Cobra Kai actually makes me think of Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon LOL.

I think I played all the turtles games too, then bought Turtles in Time for the SNES (still have it too), so I want to see what the GBA ones are like. I have heard good things.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the GBA games! I totally missed TMNT on the NES, but Turtles in Time was one of the first games I had as a kid. Luckily, I was able to play the Double Dragon games on NES at my cousins' place when I was young. However, when I found Double Dragon 3 on the Genesis for a few bucks, I thought I was picking up a decent game -- I soon found out otherwise. Lmao.

I never played Double Dragon 3 on the Genesis, which I guess is a good thing. I beat the NES version though and thought it was pretty cool, but I've heard that some people really hate it. Is the Genesis version a different game?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 am

Raging Justice wrote:I never played Double Dragon 3 on the Genesis, which I guess is a good thing. I beat the NES version though and thought it was pretty cool, but I've heard that some people really hate it. Is the Genesis version a different game?

The Genesis version is a port of the arcade game, Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. The NES game is actually Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones, and it is a completely different game. The NES game, while way too hard at the outset, actually does some interesting things and ends up being pretty good. The arcade/Genesis game, on the other hand, just kinda sucks.
marurun

by marurun Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am

Double Dragon Advance is hard. It feels a lot like the SNES Double Dragon, but better. But it's also very tough and enemies will do bad things to you.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:21 pm

Raging Justice wrote:I never played Double Dragon 3 on the Genesis, which I guess is a good thing. I beat the NES version though and thought it was pretty cool, but I've heard that some people really hate it. Is the Genesis version a different game?

I remember seeing ads for Double Dragon III on the NES when I was a kid, and thinking it looked good. All these years later, I still haven't played that game, something I gotta dive into. As prfsnl mentioned, the Genesis game is different, and it's a mess.

marurun wrote:Double Dragon Advance is hard. It feels a lot like the SNES Double Dragon, but better. But it's also very tough and enemies will do bad things to you.

I know Super Double Dragon on the SNES doesn't get much love, but I actually really like it. Appreciate the heads up about the difficulty on the GBA one though.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Acquired in 2021 so far - 62 Games; 43 physical, 19 digital

January (7 Games Acquired; 3 physical, 4 digital)
Epic Dumpster Bear 2: He Who Bears Wins (PS4)
Cadence of Hyrule (Switch)
Bioshock Collection (Switch)
Among Us (Switch)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
Neptunia Shooter (Steam)
Vitamin Connection (Switch)

February (12 Games Acquired; 8 physical, 4 digital)
Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
Muv-Luv (Steam)
Muv-Luv Alternative (Steam)
Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After (Steam)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Steam)

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (Switch)
Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Gundam (PSP)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)
Bravely Default II (Switch)

March (6 Games Acquired; 3 physical, 3 digital)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (Steam)
Neptunia Virtual Stars (PS4)
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Maxiboost On (PS4)
Kung Fury: Street Rage (PS4)

Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)

April (12 Games Acquired; 8 physical, 4 digital)
XIII (Xbox One)
The Yakuza Remastered Collection (PS4)
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Switch)
Grandia HD Collection (Switch)
Before Your Eyes (Steam)
Warborn (Switch)
Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire (Switch)

Scott Pilcrim vs. The World: The Game (Switch)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
New Pokemon Snap (Switch)
Double Dragon and Kunio-Kung: Retro Brawler Bundle (Switch)
Torment: Tides of Numenera (Xbox One)

May (15 Games Acquired; 12 physical, 3 digital)
Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Switch)
Resident Evil Village (PS5)
Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition - The Card Warriors (Switch)
Shantae (Switch)
Complex (PS4)
If My Heart Had Wings (Switch)
Planetscape: Torment (Steam)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne (Switch)
Hentai vs. Evil (Switch)
Maneater (Switch)
Maneater (Xbox One)
Maneater (PS4)
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)

June (11 Games Acquired; 11 physical, 0 digital)
Doom 64 (Switch)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
Battlechasers: Nightwar (Switch)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
Astral Chain (Switch)
Daemon X Machina (Switch)
Sea of Solitude (Switch)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
Resident Evil Revelations (PS4)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS5)
Judgement (PS5)

New for June 14
Battlechasers: Nightwar (Switch)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
Astral Chain (Switch)
Daemon X Machina (Switch)
Sea of Solitude (Switch)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
Resident Evil Revelations (PS4)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS5)
Judgement (PS5)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 pm

Hit GameStop on the way home from work?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:22 am

Finally got one of my "bucket list" games. Original Lemmings.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Thrift stores aren't as good here unfortunately. They all know about video game prices. Even a low-budget one had 95% of their games in a silent auction... except for PC games. I guess because price-charting isn't that in-depth for PC games.

I freaked out at one place because I saw like 10 Intellivision games. I thought that if those were there the console HAD to be somewhere, but I couldn't find it

Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Finally got one of my "bucket list" games. Original Lemmings.

Great setup, Bone. That's awesome the kids are enjoying some gaming.

PretentiousHipster wrote:Thrift stores aren't as good here unfortunately. They all know about video game prices. Even a low-budget one had 95% of their games in a silent auction... except for PC games. I guess because price-charting isn't that in-depth for PC games.

I freaked out at one place because I saw like 10 Intellivision games. I thought that if those were there the console HAD to be somewhere, but I couldn't find it

Nice pick-ups, PH. Heard good things about the Neverwinter Nights games but haven't played em. What size is the CRT? And did you end up getting those Intellivision games?
Return to General Gaming