Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2021

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Wow, look at those pretty cool-looking games HOLY SHIT THAT'S MANEATER. You're in the cool kids club now, dawg.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Acquired in 2021 so far - 53 Games; 34 physical, 19 digital

January (7 Games Acquired; 3 physical, 4 digital)
Epic Dumpster Bear 2: He Who Bears Wins (PS4)
Cadence of Hyrule (Switch)
Bioshock Collection (Switch)
Among Us (Switch)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
Neptunia Shooter (Steam)
Vitamin Connection (Switch)

February (12 Games Acquired; 8 physical, 4 digital)
Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
Muv-Luv (Steam)
Muv-Luv Alternative (Steam)
Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After (Steam)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Steam)

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (Switch)
Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Gundam (PSP)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)
Bravely Default II (Switch)

March (6 Games Acquired; 3 physical, 3 digital)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (Steam)
Neptunia Virtual Stars (PS4)
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Maxiboost On (PS4)
Kung Fury: Street Rage (PS4)

Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)

April (12 Games Acquired; 8 physical, 4 digital)
XIII (Xbox One)
The Yakuza Remastered Collection (PS4)
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Switch)
Grandia HD Collection (Switch)
Before Your Eyes (Steam)
Warborn (Switch)
Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire (Switch)

Scott Pilcrim vs. The World: The Game (Switch)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
New Pokemon Snap (Switch)
Double Dragon and Kunio-Kung: Retro Brawler Bundle (Switch)
Torment: Tides of Numenera (Xbox One)

May (15 Games Acquired; 12 physical, 3 digital)
Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Switch)
Resident Evil Village (PS5)
Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition - The Card Warriors (Switch)
Shantae (Switch)
Complex (PS4)
If My Heart Had Wings (Switch)
Planetscape: Torment (Steam)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne (Switch)
Hentai vs. Evil (Switch)
Maneater (Switch)
Maneater (Xbox One)
Maneater (PS4)
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)

June (2 Games Acquired; 2 physical, 0 digital)
Doom 64 (Switch)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)

New for June 5
Doom 64 (Switch)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:39 pm

Some of these are from last month. Have I mentioned that I like beat 'em ups :lol:
Attachments
beatemupsjune(o34Odiwc08l).jpg
beatemupsjune(o34Odiwc08l).jpg (377.06 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:52 pm

Raging Justice wrote:Some of these are from last month. Have I mentioned that I like beat 'em ups :lol:

Lol, awesome pick-ups! I've played a bit of TMNT a few months ago through emulation and enjoyed what I played. Prfsnl_gmr recommended it a few months ago, I know he's a big fan of that title too. Double Dragon on GBA looks good too -- I wasn't aware of that game back when it came out, I'll have to check it out.

I've also been interested in getting a Dynasty Warriors game on my 360. My partner and I like to play co-op beat 'em ups together, and I think we'd enjoy a game from the series.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:13 am

2021 Pick-ups:

1. Shining in the Darkness (GEN)
2. Golden Axe II (GEN)
3. Toejam & Earl (GEN)
4. Alien Storm (GEN)
5. Rayman Origins (360)
6. Castle of Illusion (GEN)
7. World of Illusion (GEN)
8. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
9. King of Dragons (SNES)
10. Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
11. Guardian Heroes (SAT)
12. Saturn Bomberman (SAT)
13. Ranger X (GEN)
14. Virtual-On: Cyber Troopers (SAT)
15. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
16. Sin and Punishment (N64)
17. Ikaruga (DC)
18. Streets of Rage 3 (GEN)
19. Mushihimesama Futari (360)
20. Die Hard Arcade (SAT)
21. Galactic Attack (SAT)
22. Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)

23. Radiant Silvergun (SAT)
24. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
25. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom (GEN)
26. Decap Attack (GEN)

Here are my pick-ups from May! I've wanted Silvergun for about 15 years and finally pulled the trigger on it. Good timing, because it's a game that I can play for this month's Together Retro. I'm a big Treasure fan and am actively trying to add more titles from the company to my stash. The game's in really good condition but it didn't come with the spine card. However, I'm not a stickler for that as I don't have many JP imports. One of my friends introduced me to Zombies Ate My Neighbors a few years ago, and I was looking out for it on SNES -- finally came across it at a game store in Albany. I gotta sit down and give the outer shell of the cartridge a cleaning but it plays perfectly. Any tips on the best way to do that would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to get all the Phantasy Star games for the Genesis, so it was awesome to come across PS III in good condition at the same store. The manual is jacked up but the cart and case are in great shape. Decap Attack is another game I was on the lookout for and purchased at the same store. I saw a stream of the game last year and really wanted to try it for myself since then. The cart, case, and manual are all in great shape. I'll most likely wait until the fall when I'm in the mood for a horror themed game to try to finish that one. I've had good luck with CIB Genesis stuff at that location.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am

^nice pickups, radiant silvergun is one I've put off for to long myself and now not sure if I can pull the trigger. Decap attack is one I need to spend more time with. The few times I've tried it out, I half know what I'm supposed to he doing lol.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 am

Note wrote:2021 Pick-ups:

2. Golden Axe II (GEN)
3. Toejam & Earl (GEN)
4. Alien Storm (GEN)
5. Rayman Origins (360)
13. Ranger X (GEN)
17. Ikaruga (DC)

26. Decap Attack (GEN)

Here are my pick-ups from May! I've wanted Silvergun for about 15 years and finally pulled the trigger on it. Good timing, because it's a game that I can play for this month's Together Retro. I'm a big Treasure fan and am actively trying to add more titles from the company to my stash. The game's in really good condition but it didn't come with the spine card. However, I'm not a stickler for that as I don't have many JP imports. One of my friends introduced me to Zombies Ate My Neighbors a few years ago, and I was looking out for it on SNES -- finally came across it at a game store in Albany. I gotta sit down and give the outer shell of the cartridge a cleaning but it plays perfectly. Any tips on the best way to do that would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to get all the Phantasy Star games for the Genesis, so it was awesome to come across PS III in good condition at the same store. The manual is jacked up but the cart and case are in great shape. Decap Attack is another game I was on the lookout for and purchased at the same store. I saw a stream of the game last year and really wanted to try it for myself since then. The cart, case, and manual are all in great shape. I'll most likely wait until the fall when I'm in the mood for a horror themed game to try to finish that one. I've had good luck with CIB Genesis stuff at that location.

Ah, a fellow Radiant Silvergun owner I see. Very nice. I was on a Saturn collecting binge some years ago and managed to get a copy too

Nice timing on Zombie Ate My Neighbors, I believe they are getting ready to re-release that game on modern consoles very soon. Fun times we're living in

I remember Decap Attack - fun, little game

Note wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:Some of these are from last month. Have I mentioned that I like beat 'em ups :lol:

Lol, awesome pick-ups! I've played a bit of TMNT a few months ago through emulation and enjoyed what I played. Prfsnl_gmr recommended it a few months ago, I know he's a big fan of that title too. Double Dragon on GBA looks good too -- I wasn't aware of that game back when it came out, I'll have to check it out.

I've also been interested in getting a Dynasty Warriors game on my 360. My partner and I like to play co-op beat 'em ups together, and I think we'd enjoy a game from the series.

Yeah, I have a fond place in my heart for TMNT games and Double Dragon too, played all the DD games on the NES back in the day. That pic in my avatar from Cobra Kai actually makes me think of Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon LOL.

I think I played all the turtles games too, then bought Turtles in Time for the SNES (still have it too), so I want to see what the GBA ones are like. I have heard good things.

You and Prfsnl_gmr seem to like similar things to me

I think Dynasty Warriors 8 is on the Xbox 360. It's generally viewed as one of the better entries of the series so might be worth it for you to check it out. I think there is an expansion for it too, the version in my picture is the vanilla version. These games usually have so much content though that you don't NEED an expansion
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:30 pm

stickem wrote:^nice pickups, radiant silvergun is one I've put off for to long myself and now not sure if I can pull the trigger. Decap attack is one I need to spend more time with. The few times I've tried it out, I half know what I'm supposed to he doing lol.

Thanks! Yeah, the design of Decap Attack is a bit odd for sure. I might read a bit through a FAQ before sitting down with it next time. It's also weird that after a game over, it brings you back to the menu screen and you gotta select continue from there. That threw me off.

Raging Justice wrote:
Ah, a fellow Radiant Silvergun owner I see. Very nice. I was on a Saturn collecting binge some years ago and managed to get a copy too

Nice timing on Zombie Ate My Neighbors, I believe they are getting ready to re-release that game on modern consoles very soon. Fun times we're living in

I remember Decap Attack - fun, little game

That's awesome they're re-releasing Zombies. Would be fun to play online co-op with a friend. Lol, not sure how many games would be considered binging but I got a few SAT games this year, more than I had the past couple years.

Raging Justice wrote:Yeah, I have a fond place in my heart for TMNT games and Double Dragon too, played all the DD games on the NES back in the day. That pic in my avatar from Cobra Kai actually makes me think of Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon LOL.

I think I played all the turtles games too, then bought Turtles in Time for the SNES (still have it too), so I want to see what the GBA ones are like. I have heard good things.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the GBA games! I totally missed TMNT on the NES, but Turtles in Time was one of the first games I had as a kid. Luckily, I was able to play the Double Dragon games on NES at my cousins' place when I was young. However, when I found Double Dragon 3 on the Genesis for a few bucks, I thought I was picking up a decent game -- I soon found out otherwise. Lmao.

Raging Justice wrote:You and Prfsnl_gmr seem to like similar things to me

I think Dynasty Warriors 8 is on the Xbox 360. It's generally viewed as one of the better entries of the series so might be worth it for you to check it out. I think there is an expansion for it too, the version in my picture is the vanilla version. These games usually have so much content though that you don't NEED an expansion

Good to know about DW8! I really wasn't sure what the best title would be to get for that generation of consoles.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 pm

...cool stuff there, especially Guilty Gear Judgement and Lollipop Chainsaw, I really need to find a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw one of these days.

Note wrote:2021 Pick-ups:

2. Golden Axe II (GEN)
3. Toejam & Earl (GEN)
4. Alien Storm (GEN)
5. Rayman Origins (360)
13. Ranger X (GEN)
17. Ikaruga (DC)

26. Decap Attack (GEN)

...very nice pickups there Note, PSIII is a very good find. I've been looking for one for a while and came so close to getting one but the shop couldn't find the copy I paid for. Decap Attack is fun w/a nice soundtrack, Radiant Silver is fun and even better w/two players if you can do it, ZaMN is also a classic but it's pretty tough imo. I can't wait to see what they do w/the remake.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:51 pm

Raging Justice wrote:You and Prfsnl_gmr seem to like similar things to me

It’s true. I do like the occasional beat ‘em up. I like most genres, though. The only one I can’t really get into, for some reason, is SRPGs.

Also, and if you haven’t done do yet, play Double Dragon Advance. It’s not just one of the best beat ‘em ups on the GBA, it’s also one of the best games on the GBA, the best Double Dragon game, and one of the best beat ‘me ups on any system. I adore it. (TMNT is also shockingly good, and the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time. It doesn’t really compare to Double Dragon Advance, though.)
Return to General Gaming