17. Ikaruga (DC)
18. Streets of Rage 3 (GEN)
19. Mushihimesama Futari (360)
20. Die Hard Arcade (SAT)
21. Galactic Attack (SAT)
22. Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)
23. Radiant Silvergun (SAT)
24. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
25. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom (GEN)
26. Decap Attack (GEN)
27. Silent Hill (PS1)
28. Xeno Crisis (GEN)
29. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
30. Shadowrun (SNES)
31. Maximum Carnage (SNES)
32. Joe & Mac (SNES)
33. Cybernator (SNES)
34. Chrono Cross (PS1)
35. ESWAT: City Under Siege (GEN)
36. Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (GEN)
37. Fatal Labyrinth (GEN)
38. Wild Arms (PS1)
39. Altered Beast (GEN)
40. Aladdin (GEN)
41. Gauntlet IV (GEN)
42. Pirates! Gold (GEN)
43. Resident Evil (SAT)
44. Steel Empire (GEN)
45. Batman: The Video Game (GEN)
46. Virtua Cop (SAT)
47. Virtua Cop 2 (SAT)

Rolling Thunder 2 (GEN)
Sonic R (SAT)
Dragon Force (SAT)

....Rolling Thunder 2 is an excellent pickup Note, I still need to add 2 and 3 to my Genesis collection. Dragon Force and Sonic R are both very solid imo, especially Dragon Force. The story is interesting, the OST I still listen to, and seeing the screen filled w/sprites is beyond cool. Sonic R doesn't get a lot of love, but I enjoyed the game, and the music was the highlight for me.
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: Games Acquired 2021

Post by Syndicate »

...between November and December things were blur between my family, stuff at work, and wrapping up grad school. I still found the time to take advantage of some sales though and make some decent additions to my library. I didn't score any classic goodness, but picked up a bunch of games that I've wanted to check out plus some stuff I can enjoy w/my kids...Mario Party Superstars is much better than Super Mario Party and I have to say Towerfall is a riot :lol:

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Note wrote:2021 Pick-ups:

1. Shining in the Darkness (GEN)
2. Golden Axe II (GEN)
3. Toejam & Earl (GEN)
4. Alien Storm (GEN)
5. Rayman Origins (360)
6. Castle of Illusion (GEN)
7. World of Illusion (GEN)
8. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
9. King of Dragons (SNES)
10. Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
11. Guardian Heroes (SAT)
12. Saturn Bomberman (SAT)
13. Ranger X (GEN)
14. Virtual-On: Cyber Troopers (SAT)
15. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
16. Sin and Punishment (N64)
17. Ikaruga (DC)
18. Streets of Rage 3 (GEN)
19. Mushihimesama Futari (360)
20. Die Hard Arcade (SAT)
21. Galactic Attack (SAT)
22. Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)
23. Radiant Silvergun (SAT)
24. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
25. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom (GEN)
26. Decap Attack (GEN)
27. Silent Hill (PS1)
28. Xeno Crisis (GEN)
29. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
30. Shadowrun (SNES)
31. Maximum Carnage (SNES)
32. Joe & Mac (SNES)
33. Cybernator (SNES)
34. Chrono Cross (PS1)
35. ESWAT: City Under Siege (GEN)
36. Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (GEN)
37. Fatal Labyrinth (GEN)
38. Wild Arms (PS1)
39. Altered Beast (GEN)
40. Aladdin (GEN)
41. Gauntlet IV (GEN)
42. Pirates! Gold (GEN)
43. Resident Evil (SAT)
44. Steel Empire (GEN)
45. Batman: The Video Game (GEN)
46. Virtua Cop (SAT)
47. Virtua Cop 2 (SAT)

Rolling Thunder 2 (GEN)
Sonic R (SAT)
Dragon Force (SAT)

I didn't end up purchasing any games in December (I was tempted by a few things but decided to pass), but wanted to share the games that I picked up throughout October and November!

Rolling Thunder 2 was my first pick up in October. I actually hadn't played this game when originally released or in the arcade, but I really enjoy action platformers, so I was interested in tracking it down. The fact that it's co-op is a huge bonus, as I'm always looking for good co-op games. The graphics and cutscenes are impressive IMO, and it's great that it's action packed without any slowdown.

Sonic R, I actually picked up through the 2021 Racketboy Charity Auction, so thank you to Blu for getting this to me quickly. This game was more of an oddity for me, as I thought it'd be fun to have this in the collection to switch things up when I was in the mood for a different kart racer. The controls take a bit of time to get used to but the gameplay's fun and the soundtrack is amazing, IMO.

Dragon Force was a big grail for me, as my childhood friend had the game, and I have a lot of good memories hanging out at his place and playing through it on Saturday afternoons. The condition of this copy is good, but some of the ink on the manual is starting to chip. That's how it goes with these older games! But really happy that I was finally able to track this one down. Hopefully I can complete one of the scenarios next year!

You're killing it with these Saturn pickups. Dragon Force (US) is high on my want list, but it's been so hard to justify. Maybe once I get settled again I'll start the hunt for it.

For now I'll just have to admire from afar.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Syndicate wrote:....Rolling Thunder 2 is an excellent pickup Note, I still need to add 2 and 3 to my Genesis collection. Dragon Force and Sonic R are both very solid imo, especially Dragon Force. The story is interesting, the OST I still listen to, and seeing the screen filled w/sprites is beyond cool. Sonic R doesn't get a lot of love, but I enjoyed the game, and the music was the highlight for me.

Even though Rolling Thunder 3 is only single player, I'd still like to pick it up eventually. Love these action platformer games.

I have very fond memories of hanging out at my friend's place and playing Dragon Force when I was a kid. It was one of the first strategy games I played along with Shining Force 1 and 2. At the time, I didn't appreciate the graphics and amount of sprites on the screen in the battle sequences.

Regarding Sonic R, I wish the game had more courses, it's a very short game but I think it's still a lot of fun. I totally agree with you about the music, the music is amazing, and I actually want to look up the singer and producer to see if either released an album. The singer's voice is amazing, IMO.

o.pwuaioc wrote:You're killing it with these Saturn pickups. Dragon Force (US) is high on my want list, but it's been so hard to justify. Maybe once I get settled again I'll start the hunt for it.

For now I'll just have to admire from afar.

Appreciate that! Dragon Force was a huge grail for me. If by any chance I manage to come across another copy in my hunting, I'll make sure to reach out.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Syndicate wrote:...between November and December things were blur between my family, stuff at work, and wrapping up grad school. I still found the time to take advantage of some sales though and make some decent additions to my library. I didn't score any classic goodness, but picked up a bunch of games that I've wanted to check out plus some stuff I can enjoy w/my kids...Mario Party Superstars is much better than Super Mario Party and I have to say Towerfall is a riot :lol:

You did well with those sales! Shenmue III is definitely on my want list, as I'm a huge fan of the first two games. I finally finished Shenmue II on the Dreamcast about two years ago, so I'd like to get the third game and finish that one too. I'm aware the reviews have been mixed, but I'm a big fan of the series and would like to experience it for myself.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

a few new genesis and dreamcast games I picked up in Nov/Dec besides Mega Man. Really happy with the mega man packaging and what came with it, very well done.

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

stickem wrote:a few new genesis and dreamcast games I picked up in Nov/Dec besides Mega Man. Really happy with the mega man packaging and what came with it, very well done.

I got my copy of Wily Wars and I also am impressed with the packaging. I always worry about buying Collector's Editions as they tend to come in flimsy, easily damageable boxes. Wily Wars comes inside a nice, plastic cover. It's kind of like a box protector. Plus, the entire thing was also placed in a plastic bag along with the booklet and cards. Really, really, nice. I wish more people put thought into packaging, it sure would reduce stress for collectors. That 3d, lenticular cover is pretty sweet too

I am extremely pleased with this release