What is your 2020 Game of the Year (*Released* in 2020)?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pook99
128-bit

Re: What is your 2020 Game of the Year (*Released* in 2020)?

Post by pook99 »

As a last minute entry I have to add Immortals Pheonix rising, great game, it takes elements from breath of the wild and merges them with ubisoft open world tropes, with a pretty fun combat system. Definitely a surprise hit for me this year, and probably my overall favorite game of 2020

Lurkei wrote:
pook99 wrote:Panzer Paladin: one of the best indies Ive played in a long time, great mix of lots of amazing retro games, so good I bought it at release and am preordering the physical version this week when it opens up, definitely a contender

I actually played that game a week or so ago and didn't like it at all. I played five levels - those being Scotland, Tanzania, Mexico, Switzerland, and Russia, in that order - before deciding it just wasn't worth my time when half of the starting levels left me disappointed. I read your review in the Games Beaten thread, but I'm still not quite convinced.

So I want to ask, what was your favorite of the starting levels? Maybe I just picked out a bad bunch...? Help me see this game's greatness!

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, I think if you played 5 levels and did not enjoy it, it is safe to say the game is not for you. For me I just really enjoyed the zelda 2 style combat, the asthetics, the weapon system, and the overall level design. The game gets pretty tough also, especially towards the end, and I always enjoy a good challenge
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: What is your 2020 Game of the Year (*Released* in 2020)?

Post by aaron »

Prodeus! Easily the most fun I've had playing a gritty FPS in a while. Looks beautiful, sounds amazing, and plays perfectly. Everything I'd ever want from a Doom/Quake-inspired FPS. :)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller