Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2020

by alienjesus Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 am

Markies wrote:Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2020!

1. Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBOX)
2. Secret of Mana 2 (SNES)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GCN)
4. Chameleon Twist (N64)
5. Gunbird 2 (SDC)
6. Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)

7. Pokemon Snap (N64)

I added Pokemon Snape for the Nintendo 64 this evening!

With my board game and video game conventions being cancelled for obvious reasons this year, I decided to make my own day. So, I went to my local board game and video game stores over the weekend to make up for my lost conventions.

Besides picking up some board games and new controllers, I struck out on video games. Apparently, people are hoarding games and buying as many as possible right now as I could hardly find anything. But, they did have Pokemon Snap and I figured now would be a good time to pick it up before the new one came out.

I'd always been hesitant to pick it up, but I've been seeing some videos and people talk about that the game is not that bad. My expectations aren't sky high, so I'm interested in trying it out.

This game is super fun and super charming. It’s short and easy but it’s very relatable going for high scores.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:13 pm

Just grabbed the following Switch games off Craigslist:

Dark Souls Remastered
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Witcher III:

I got all three for $90, which seemed like a pretty good deal to me. (All the games are complete and in immaculate condition.)
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Just grabbed the following Switch games off Craigslist:

Dark Souls Remastered
Witcher III:

I got all three for $90, which seemed like a pretty good deal to me. (All the games are complete and in immaculate condition.)

Originally released in 2011, 2012, and 2015 respectively, for a system that came out in 2017...

I guess I can't say too much. If it looks or plays better, that's worth it then, right?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:14 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:lol I love these ad bots

You got to actually report them!
opa
64-bit

by opa Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:24 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:

Dark Souls Remastered
Witcher III:

Originally released in 2011, 2012, and 2015 respectively, for a system that came out in 2017...

I guess I can't say too much. If it looks or plays better, that's worth it then, right?

To give em a little credit, having those games on a portable device is a pretty sweet option. And it doesn't seem like a bad price considering anything on a Nintendo system holds its value for some insane reason (even if a port is legitimately inferior).
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:37 pm

opa wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

Dark Souls Remastered
Witcher III:

To give em a little credit, having those games on a portable device is a pretty sweet option. And it doesn't seem like a bad price considering anything on a Nintendo system holds its value for some insane reason (even if a port is legitimately inferior).

Ahem: https://www.keengamer.com/articles/guid ... n-android/
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:46 pm

From the past few weeks. Space Marines is a Gears clone in some ways but also has melee. Macross Ace Frontier is a well a Macross action game. Air Force Delta. Wii HDMI dongle. Yes, I have a Wii U but my Wii is soft modded with my saves on it (I hope it still does) A sensor bar. You can get them on Amazon for $5. Naked Jehuty figure from Zone of the Enders 2. Got it used at a fair price. The other one is a mech/arsenal from Daemon X Machina. Also a fair price.

I wanted a White Glint mech from Armored Core FA but seems those are insanely priced. These two will be fine.

Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Just got my tax return back and bought a crap ton of gen 7 stuff to celebrate. I also just got a nyko perfect shot for the wii, I've read that it is the best light gun attachment for the system so I am probably going to load up house of the dead 2 this week to test it out, I've been playing light gun games with just the wii mote so I'm definitely stoked to play with an actual gun attachment.

Random Question for everyone, what is the most money you have spent on a single game? What was it? Did you regret it after or did you feel good about it?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:30 pm

pook99 wrote:Just got my tax return back and bought a crap ton of gen 7 stuff to celebrate. I also just got a nyko perfect shot for the wii, I've read that it is the best light gun attachment for the system so I am probably going to load up house of the dead 2 this week to test it out, I've been playing light gun games with just the wii mote so I'm definitely stoked to play with an actual gun attachment.

Random Question for everyone, what is the most money you have spent on a single game? What was it? Did you regret it after or did you feel good about it?

Castlevania Dracula X was probably my most expensive game. Definitely worth playing, and no regrets.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:

Dark Souls Remastered
Witcher III:

:lol:

Worse, I‘ve owned PS3 copies of Dark Souls and Skyrim for years! Ive never played any of these games, though, and having them on a handheld raises the odds of me actually playing them to, maybe, 40-50%.
Return to General Gaming