Games Acquired 2020

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2020

Post by Markies »

pook99 wrote:Random Question for everyone, what is the most money you have spent on a single game? What was it? Did you regret it after or did you feel good about it?

I spent about $140 on Suikoden II and I do not regret it at all.
Probably my favorite PS1 RPG.

I also spent about $120 on DuckTales 2 and I don't regret that at all.
It was my white whale for so many years that I am still shocked to say I own it.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I spent about £90 on Shining Force 3. Havent played it yet though!

Second highest was probably £70 on DoReMi Fantasy for Super Famicom. Probably wasnt worth it overall but I don't really regret it.

Pretty sure the wife spent quite a lot on Conkers Bad Fur Day for me too, but no idea how much. That game isnt really worth it's going price either but I'm still glad to have it.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

@opwuaioc: I love me some dracula x, great game

@markies: my white whale is devils third for the wii u, I know people say it's terrible but I really want it and an opened copy usually goes for about 160 which is annoyingly high, maybe one day I'll find it in the wild for a decent price

@aj: I sold my copy of shining force 3 when it was around that price, needless to say, I regret it
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...a few of my acquisitions for July.

...I'm not sure what I'm going to keep out of this stack just yet, it was a gift from a friend earlier this month. I think I'll just trade the duplicates.

...I've been waiting over half a year for Bubble Bobble 4 Friends, so I'm glad to finally have this one arrive. I've been looking for a clean copy of Buster's Hidden Treasure and the PS4 additions are part of my shum'up catching up project, I'm pretty geeked about Battle Garegga since I missed it on the Saturn back in the day.

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

^I wish the PS4 Battle Garegga would have driven the prices of the Saturn game down. Sadly, some people keep both. :/
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Went on a mini vacation to long island and picked up more games than I probably should have but some notable pick ups include:

ogre battle 64 for 50 bucks
Banjo tooie for 30
an OG xbox system in mint condition for 60

and then a bunch of games that were all cheap that I have been looking for for quite some time including:

Castlevania lords of shadow 2 for xbox 360
Rogue trooper (wii)
bully scholarship edition (wii)
Gundam crossfire (ps3)
Baroque (wii)
Rango (wii)
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I still maintain that Ogre Battle 64 is the best strategy RPG of all time.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I was shocked the other day when I saw that several TG-16 games were delisted in the Wii U eShop. Accordingly, I went on a panicked buying spree, buying the rest of the TG-16 games I wanted for the system:

Battle Lode Runner
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Chew Man Fu
Double Dungeons
Final Soldier
Shockman

(I have about thirty TG-16 games on my Wii U; so, my Wii U is my TG-16.) I also picked up the rest of the delightful Ultra Dolphin Revolution games:

Space Hunted: The Lost Levels
Sinister Assistant
Spellcaster’s Assistant

Finally, I picked up Citadale: The Legends Trilogy, a pretty solid indie Castlevania clone.

There are now only two Wii U eShop games I want to add to my collection (Rakoo & Friends and Regina & Mac), and I’ll probably pick up both of those pretty soon to round out my library.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:I still maintain that Ogre Battle 64 is the best strategy RPG of all time.

Awesome, I never played it, owned it a long time ago, sold it and have just got back into collecting for the n64. I was pretty stoked to find it for so cheap and I definitely want to play it sometime soon
marurun

Post by marurun »

Steins;Gate Elite on Switch has been on sale for 60% off in the eShop, so based on bonesnapdeez's high praise I picked it up. I've been curious to dabble in visual novels a bit and this was a fine excuse, because the good ones are generally pricey. I'm not ready to dive into the game just yet, having come off 60+ hours of Grandia, but some time before the end of the year I intend to spend some time with this.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.