Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

Post by pilgrimteeth »

Note wrote:
pilgrimteeth wrote:Curious if they'll have Jennika from the comics in this, now that there are FIVE turtles!

Woah, didn't even know of the Jennika character, but I'm not too familiar with the comics. That's cool they still have a newer comic series that's out there. I'm checking out some of the covers for the issues, and the art looks awesome IMO.

Yeah, she was created relatively recently in an IDW comic series called TMNT Universe, I believe, and then she moved over into the mainline series that has been running for years. She's had a few mini-series, too. Pretty interesting character, actually.

The book does a really good job of toeing the line between the original, relatively dark TMNT comics and the more family-friendly turtles that we all love from the show, films, etc.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Yeah, the IDW turtles comics are outstanding. It has mixed elements from multiple iterations of the turtles over the years in addition to plenty of new ideas. The art and story are consistently great and I wholeheartedly recommend them.

There's been lots of mini series and one shots and spinoffs over the years in alongside the main series, but everything has been collected chronologically in the IDW Collection hardcovers. They are beautiful books and well worth your dollar.

Note, if you or anyone else are at all interested in checking the series out, here's where to start.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collection/dp/1631401114/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1616053332&sr=8-2

There are sites out there where you can get them cheaper, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. Shouldn't be a long term problem though, as IDW has been keeping them in print so far.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I didn't care for the IDW series myself, although I jumped ship fairly early on (maybe issue 20 after keeping up with all the spinoffs). It felt too slow paced for my taste and I didn't care for all the elements taken from the 80s cartoon show.
But as I posted WAY BACK in one of the early pages of this thread, I'm a fan of the Mirage comics over everything else. I have a lot of nostalgia for the 80s cartoon, I think the first two live action movies are a lot of fun, I really like the beat 'em up games, I don't DISLIKE the Archie comics. But the Mirage comics are the incarnation of the turtles that appeals to me the most. I'm still definitely excited about that new game, it looks super cool!
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

Turtles in Time for SFC was really funny, I played it a lot with my school friends! :)
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Have any of you watched this?

It's pretty good, if nothing else the movie is worth it for this:

NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Grew up on this and still listen to TMNT The Adventures by random house to help put me to rest.

Every TMNT fan should read Brian Lynch's TMNT one shots. So many great ideas and witty things tucked in every line.

I was at my local shop and saw TMNT III for Gameboy, which I didn't know existed. At the time, the owner didn't either. We checked the price guide and....$80 + change. I might be picking this up.