Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by MrPopo »

This thread will be a success when we see darksparx post "I beat Final Fantasy 1".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Racked up 65 for last year, probably one of my highest counts in awhile. Can I top it?

1. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)

This was a fun ride. I wanted something simple and more linear after playing Far Cry 4 and GTA5 back to back... this delivered and was a nice surprise. I can't say I'm the biggest fan, but I've always liked the series for the most part, grew up with a lot of my friends having the PSX games, etc. I've just probably only beaten Legend and Underworld myself, not much. I wonder how well the older games hold up?

This one was a mix of Last of Us meets Dead Space. Personally, I found the combat to be better than the Naughtydog stuff, but I think most TPS's do it better, Naughtydog just has that awesome mo cap and writing at times. The platforming here was good, the collectibles weren't overkill like sandbox games thesedays (Far Cry 4...), the item upgrades were cool giving it some nice progression, and the Dead Space composer made this one have such a different vibe, it worked.

Was kind of a blind Cyber Monday deal purchase, but definitely a nice surprise and I'll be curious about the next ones.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. Beavis And Butt-Head In Virtual Stupidity

So this was a Christmas present from my wife that really surprised me. She was thumbing through one of my old issues of PC Gamer and found out about this and thought I'd like it. She got me a really nice complete copy of this Win95 cult classic. And y'know what? I DID really like it. It's so so much better than the SNES, Genesis and Game Gear B&B games I played growing up. It's a full on point and click adventure and voiced by Mike Judge himself. The dialogue is great. Like seriously "LOL funny." And the art style and voices are so spot on that it really feels like you're playing a lost episode of the show. It's a quest throughout Highland to join Todd's gang. So many great cameos are in here. Sure there's moments of "WTF am I supposed to do now?" and puzzles that once solved make you say "well how was I supposed to ever figure that out?" but that's what's to be expected from the genre as a whole pre-TellTale. And that's what FAQ's are for. No matter, this was a heck of a lot of fun. Highly highly suggested for fans of the show.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Man, I havent finished posting in last years thread yet an you guys are already posting stuff for this year!
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

i'm well underway. played more games today than i have in the last month, almost. might get lucky and finish my first one today, too.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So pumped. One of my favorite forum threads. Think I read every post last year.

Glad to see that I wasn't wasting my time writing my thoughts, unless my posts were the ones you missed. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
smoomeister

Post by smoomeister »

Hi guys! My first post here :)

I just started this year off with a bang by FINALLY beating Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! on my NES!

I fought my way to Mike a year ago, which I never was able to do as a kid. Mike immediately slaughtered me so brutally that it took me a whole year to feel like fighting him again! I was able to consistently get to round 3 with him after a few days of practice and then today I finally scored the TKO in round 3!

My story of this event follows, and feel free to skip over my enthusiastic and dramatic retelling :)

This was the most intense and challenging gaming moment I think I've had. Mike and I blocked, dodged, and pummeled the crap out of each other for two rounds. As round 3 started that I felt this feeling of destiny, of confidence. I knew it was going to happen.

I sent Iron Mike to the canvas once, twice... I started saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" and sent him down for the third time. Everything seemed to freeze as I got on my knees on the floor and got the smartphone camera ready. My tradition is to take a picture as I beat a game, and that picture goes in the case with the game and I write the date on it. I'm eager to share that custom my son when he gets old enough :)

Anyway I just started breathing "I beat Mike Tyson! I beat Mike Tyson" over and over in shock. I shakily took my victory photos and ran up the stairs as quietly as I could since the baby was napping. My wife saw my face and said "YOU BEAT MIKE TYSON?" She just knew since I'd been talking the game for a while. I just blubbered and nodded and we hugged and jumped up and down with the excitement I couldn't restrain.

photo: https://imgur.com/xicrDfj
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Great first post man. Welcome.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Punch-Out game stronk!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

smoomeister wrote:Hi guys! My first post here :)

I just started this year off with a bang by FINALLY beating Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! on my NES!

I fought my way to Mike a year ago, which I never was able to do as a kid. Mike immediately slaughtered me so brutally that it took me a whole year to feel like fighting him again! I was able to consistently get to round 3 with him after a few days of practice and then today I finally scored the TKO in round 3!

My story of this event follows, and feel free to skip over my enthusiastic and dramatic retelling :)

This was the most intense and challenging gaming moment I think I've had. Mike and I blocked, dodged, and pummeled the crap out of each other for two rounds. As round 3 started that I felt this feeling of destiny, of confidence. I knew it was going to happen.

I sent Iron Mike to the canvas once, twice... I started saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" and sent him down for the third time. Everything seemed to freeze as I got on my knees on the floor and got the smartphone camera ready. My tradition is to take a picture as I beat a game, and that picture goes in the case with the game and I write the date on it. I'm eager to share that custom my son when he gets old enough :)

Anyway I just started breathing "I beat Mike Tyson! I beat Mike Tyson" over and over in shock. I shakily took my victory photos and ran up the stairs as quietly as I could since the baby was napping. My wife saw my face and said "YOU BEAT MIKE TYSON?" She just knew since I'd been talking the game for a while. I just blubbered and nodded and we hugged and jumped up and down with the excitement I couldn't restrain.

photo: https://imgur.com/xicrDfj

Great story, and I love the pure joy in your photo. :lol:

Welcome to Racketboy Smoo.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.