Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by PretentiousHipster Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:42 am

The wii is now 15 years old. You're welcome.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

Doesn't seem like much, but it didn't really do HD properly, but kind of can. Somehow I have several of these. I've been putting off making these fully capable. Is the bitbuilt system upgraded? Is it still the best method?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:31 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:The wii is now 15 years old. You're welcome.

Hard to believe! I was in college when the Wii came out. It was fascinating and entertaining to see people playing Wii Sports in the middle of a house party. Lol.

Also, my uncle had a Wii and I remember he hooked it up and fired up some Wii Sports during one of our family Christmas parties. Good times.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:38 pm

I don't feel good... its literally historic. You can tell by it not having an HDMI output.
Mine still near the tv. Life really goes by fast...
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Playing Borderlands 2 on the Switch Lite made me appreciate the Vita port by Iron Galaxy a lot more now than when I initially played through it.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:06 pm

...I think it was a solid system, it's hard to believe it's 15-years already. I still remember getting the chance to buy one on Amazon and not having the money to do so at the time, but when I finally got one I had a good time w/it playing Twilight Princess, Metal Slug Anthology, and quite a few others. I do regret not spending more time w/the awesome Virtual Console (all that TG16 and Neo Geo awesomeness) and WiiWare offerings though.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Honestly it is quite a great console. I plan on making a series on my channel of cheap wii games as soon as it starts snowing.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 am

1993: Myst game of the years
2021: Myst - iOS game of the year

I understand the innovation of the game but that difficulty level, really doubt someone had the patience to roam that slow loading world forever to complete those insanely difficult puzzles. Even worse in the 90s, no internet to get guides or video walkthroughs if you are stuck.
marurun

by marurun Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:22 am

RCBH928 wrote:1993: Myst game of the years
2021: Myst - iOS game of the year

I understand the innovation of the game but that difficulty level, really doubt someone had the patience to roam that slow loading world forever to complete those insanely difficult puzzles. Even worse in the 90s, no internet to get guides or video walkthroughs if you are stuck.

I beat the game legit back in the day on my Mac LC II with 2x external CD drive (it was a cartridge-loader, no less). Loading was definitely an issue. I had to take lots of notes and sketches. And while I haven't tried the iOS release, I bet loading isn't an issue any more. I simply cannot imagine there being loading delays.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 am

I also beat Myst legit back in the '90s, and yes, loading times sucked. But it also gave me time to review my notes.

Also, Myst has seen enhancements to make it easier to control and move around the various ages. It's not the same slow slideshow it used to be.
Return to General Gaming