Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by RCBH928 »

You assume I said "no games had a difficult controlling scheme". All I said is that I miss the simple control schemes. Do they exist? yes, but no longer the mainstream. you have to dig harder to find them. Does 3D have to do with it? probably but it doesn't change the fact.

Do i have selective memory? I still have nightmares of this soccer game controlled via digging in a menu.

--

Note I am speaking of the control scheme difficulty, not the difficulty of the game itself. I am still unable to beat Sonic nor Contra without save states although they are 2-button games
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

i just learned a guy called Chris Sawyer programmed Rollercoaster tycon all alone in assembly language.

i must play this game out of respect to him
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Had to empty my entire "game room" a couple of weeks ago for carpet cleaning. Still reassembling it. Do not recommend.

Sometimes I feel like my collection "isn't that big" until I try to move it all...........

Empty game room:

The stuff being stored upstairs:
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

What is that computer two shelves above your virtual boy in the second photo?
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Limewater wrote:What is that computer two shelves above your virtual boy in the second photo?

That's a Tandy Color Computer (CoCo).
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Good luck with that whole process, Bone. Would enjoy seeing photos of the game room once it's all reassembled!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Noooooooo!

Keep the game room together!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Those Resident Evil 4 "Masterpiece Theater" PVs are on point. Growing up in Canada I grew up with BBC and Ontario translations of a bunch of these. The Bush Baby, Belle and Sebastian, Fables of the Green Forest, and probably a couple others drawn by the same production company. Whoever came up with this idea and got it animated so accurately deserves a raise.

Ep 1
Ep 2.
Ep 3.

Not shill, just impressed at the effort to clone the look.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I have too much appreciate for people who release games to mimic an older generation and they make it feel like it was actually published in that era over the ones that try to give it a "retro" look...although that might be intentional.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I wonder why VR worlds never picked up. This seemed like a dream for the nerds back in late 90s. PS home didn't work, Metaverse is not working, and Second Life hardly is working. While online games are in 4K today, VR graphics still feel like one step above PSX graphics. Somehow its almost near Sims level.